Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how many of you.... >

how many of you....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how many of you....

Old 10-06-2005, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how many of you....

I get really excited when i first see them or hear them coming, once i have a visual on them and can tell what im dealing with, i calm down big time. I guess this is a good thing cause i can concentrate on what needs to be done. After i release the arrow and see the deer bolt off, i can hardly stand im shaking so much.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:08 AM

Very rarely when a deer is coming in. But always after the shot. Thought it would go away but it has been years now and still do it. It's a good feeling though!!!!
Old 10-06-2005, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

When i hear the sound of them comming(crunch crunch) thru the dry leaves but cant see them yet i start to get excited not knowing what is comming, is what does it for me.

But once the deer starts working its way closer and getswithin range something takes over and i calm right down, taking deep breaths helps some. After the shot is when i really get the shakes and have a hard time climbing down from my stand sometimes.....but thats what its all about
Old 10-06-2005, 10:36 AM
Dominant Buck

The only time my legs get shakey and come close to giving out is when I'm thinking of Hickchik or Huntingal.[8D][8D][8D]
Old 10-06-2005, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I usually don't get the shakes and all that. Sometimes though... If it's gonna hit me, italwayshappens after the shot.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have gotten the shakes a few times over the yrs. But It is usuallyafter the shotwhen I notice it most.
If I have to watch adeer that I want to take for long period of time and as he walks closer and closer the pressure builds. And If I no I have made a good shot on a nice buckthat is when get the shakes.
(imo) But that is the felling that I live for in bowhunting.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I get the shakes in most situations involving deer encounters. The worst though is when I can hear one but can't see it. I hunt some thick woods in God's Country (UP) and the first time I ever heard a buck chasing a doe and grunting and crashing through the brush I totally freaked out, bad case of fever. Same thing happened last year, but I remained a bit more composed and ended up getting the buck unlike in the first encouter. Gotta love the shakes though, when that stops, I stop hunting.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:15 PM

I always get the shakes espicially when the first deer of the year walks out. Doe or buck. It give me a sense of accomplishment knowing I am in theright place. The great thing about bow hunting is many times you have a chance to calm down before the shot and then it starts all over again.That is the way it worked out for me last weekend.The deer came outfed aroungvery calmlyfor a few minutes and finally presented the shot.. The rest is backstap on the table.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

No ,just get down to business,plenty of time after to get excited
Old 10-06-2005, 01:34 PM

That's the fun part. The excitement of spotting a deer before they spot you and keep them from spotting you! I get the shakes when I first see a deer and determine its route. Then, I seem to settle down and become relaxed before shooting. I then get the heavy breathing and shakes after the shot. Funny....shaking before and after, but not during. I guess it's practice and years of experience. It's still awesome.

Heck, I get excited at seeing deer and not having them see me even if I don't get a shot off. To me, it's fun!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.