Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 NEED HELP FAST!!!! >

NEED HELP FAST!!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NEED HELP FAST!!!!

Old 10-05-2005, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NEED HELP FAST!!!!

What about the various types of deer seasons and the types of weapons associated with them.

Or, how about managing deer herds or populations on private and or public hunting land.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:00 AM

Great ideas guys, i think i am going to go with deer antlers i have a bunch of sheds from the past that i can bring in. I think i will talk about how they grow, when they grow, talk a little bit about the velvet, and then talk about score. I should be able to get 6 min. out of that. Now i just have to find a bunch of information on Deer anlters. LOL

Thanks everyone for you thoughts and in future speeches i will be refering back to this for thoughts thanks again, you have been a huge help.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can't believe you're not gonna gut a deer in the classroom!
Old 10-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Treestand placement - use a map as a visual aid. Elicit suggestions from the peanut gallery about where they think deer would be moving.

Easy to draw, and easy to "wing it."
Old 10-05-2005, 11:15 AM

ORIGINAL: MQ1shooter

I can't believe you're not gonna gut a deer in the classroom!
Well i actually thought about going out and shooting a doe with my bow this morning and while gutting it take pictures and use them as the visual. But man i am pretty sure some of the chicks in the class would be just going nuts.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:17 AM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Treestand placement - use a map as a visual aid. Elicit suggestions from the peanut gallery about where they think deer would be moving.

Easy to draw, and easy to "wing it."

I did actually think of this last night, but i dont know how i would get 6 minutes out of it. I just dont have the info for this topic. Its weird i can go out and scout and put treestands up and all of that but when it comes to putting it into words i dont think i could do it.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:23 AM
Dominant Buck

Dressing for success in the outdoors.[8D][8D] You know, base layer, whicking layer, outter layer, wind blockers...BLUE UNDIES,head gear,hypothermia, heat exhaustion etc etc etc[8D][8D] Something everyone can use whether they're skiing or hunting or hiking. Outdoor survival kind of. Tell 'em how it relates to hunting and sitting stone still for hours after walking in and sweating. Tell 'em how it applies to the casual hiker, cross country freak or whatever. Water applications etc etc etc You won't freak out the antis or draw criticism from maybe anti teacher, yet you get it out that you know of such things because You ARE a hunter. Heck, you could have the class rolling if you did a step by step strip right there in front of the class.

Old 10-05-2005, 11:26 AM

ROTFLMAO at davidmil
Old 10-05-2005, 11:32 AM
Dominant Buck

I edited it about 4 times, so if you read all the edits... you understand of course the class will be ROTFLTAO also.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:37 AM

Ok so Deer antlers it is. I am going to go make an outline now and when i am done i will post it for you guys to see how i did.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP FAST!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.