Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Unbelievable!!!

Old 10-05-2005, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default Unbelievable!!!

Well I killed my first deer of the year last night, here in East Tennessee!! I am thrilled to have taken my first deer so early in bow season because I am allowed 2 Deer in archery season. So with any good fortune combined with all the scouting I have done I should definately fill both of my archery tags!! It was a nice doe!! The unbelievable part is the way this deer died. During all this off season I like many of you here on this forum read and read all the hype on the Slick Tricks. Well I bought into to the hype and boy am I glad I did. I shot this deer at 22 Steps and she was slightly Quartering away from me. Just the textbook shot. I put my 20 yard pin on her and Squeezed my release. I watched my arrow flight for a split second thanks to the Tracer knocks I have on my arrow. All I can say is wow that arrow hit it sounded like a baseball bat hit her and she fell in her tracks!!! I have never shot a Deer with my bow that just dropped them where they stood. No tracking Required! Now I know that this is not typical, but I will say that you would not believe the whole that the Slick Trick put in this deer HUGE!!!! I am a believer no question about it!! I just wanted to share my first deer of the year with everyone and wish happy hunting to everyone else!!
Old 10-05-2005, 07:34 AM
Spike

Default RE: Unbelievable!!!

Sounds like You spined her. Congrats on your hunt!
Old 10-05-2005, 07:35 AM

Congrats, that had to be a fun hunt.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:36 AM
Typical Buck

congrats on the deer but i would have to say you definitely spined her
Old 10-05-2005, 08:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrates
Old 10-05-2005, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yup spined her for sure. I did that two years ago and the doe had a yearling with her. When I got down that dumb yearling was still there. Had to shoo her off, I guess I coulda filled two tags if I wanted to. Good job on the kill and good luck on yer second.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations. Great shooting.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Lung Buster! I'd love to see pics if you have any. Really works out nice when there is no tracking needed.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats
Old 10-05-2005, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats!

Quick Reply: Unbelievable!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.