Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thermacell is my best friend!! >

Thermacell is my best friend!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thermacell is my best friend!!

Old 10-03-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Thermacell is my best friend!!

After reading about it here I figured it was cheaper than buying a bug tamer suit. So I bought one.
Well I went out saturday opening morning and was late getting to my stand so didnt have time to fool with getting it out and lighting it. Well by 9:00am I had 30 mosquito bites on my hands alone (counted them that night) not to mention the freaking things flying around my ears.

The next morning I made sure to put a pad in it and light it as soon as I got to my stand. Unbelievably I didnt have a single bite not even a gnat flew around myears. This thing is great I would recommend it toANYONE who has a bug problem. Best 25 dollars I have spent in awhile!!

Tanner
Old 10-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Thermacell is my best friend!!

they are the best!!! saved my butt this weekend.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:04 PM

I don't go to the woods without it. Deer don't seem to notice it much either.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saturday am was pretty chilly, so I didn't bother with the thermacell. After the sun warmed things up a bit, I was getting bitten up, and decided to chance getting the thermacell out. In a few minutes, I was bug free. I knew I was nearing the end on life on the butane cartridge though, but I had spares in my pack. Well, wouldnt you know I ran out of fuel while I had 4 deer in close proximity. I'm standing there, feeling these skeeters biting my hands and forhead, and couldn't do a thing about it! 3 of the 4 deer eventually walked off without presenting a shot,buta spike buck hung back, but I let him walk. When he was gone, out came a fresh pad and cartridge! No more bugs!
Old 10-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

that's awesome guys, you just inspired me to invest my money in something!!!
Old 10-03-2005, 09:35 PM

Yeah I used one for the first time Saturday and it worked great. The only time I got bit was when I turned the thing off too early to let it cool down before leaving my stand. I'm still not convinced that deer can't smell it but if you can't keep still with skeeters all around you anyway, might as well use it.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:44 AM

Going to have to pick one of those up.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think they are absolutely aesome. I won't ever hunt without one again if there is a remote chance of it getting over 50 degrees.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:41 AM

I too use the thermacell. Best investment I have ever made. They last about 4 hours a pad and the butane last about 3 pads. I swear by them!
Old 10-04-2005, 07:27 AM

I saw the recommendations on this board a couple months ago so decided to try it out. By far the best 25 bucks that I have sent. I used to dread parts of the early season ( both goose season and bow season ) because of mosquitos. This year I have been bug free. I won't hesitate to apply for a late turkey tag next spring either. It has taken the bugs out of the equation.

Quick Reply: Thermacell is my best friend!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.