Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 how mad would this make you? >

how mad would this make you?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

how mad would this make you?

Old 10-03-2005, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: how mad would this make you?

ORIGINAL: bowhntr44

No dont use nails or shoot him, but very good ideas to, I would move your stand farther into the woods where the does and buck is coming from. And if that buy on the quad comes back, deal with it. TUFF LUCK!

don't see me moving my stand on my private huntin land for an idiot on a four wheeler that shouldn't be there anyway, and too all you other guys that posted thanks for the suggestions and comments. i am gonna try the nails in the boards.

I would have moved my stand already , without the four wheeler. You said he busted you drawing your bow in that stand. Time for a backup plan.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I would move my stand. That buck has you figured out and looks for you at your present location. Give him a whistling chest wound type of surprise from a direction he isn't watching.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:38 PM

If you have a backup stand, leave the one you already have up with a "dummy" in it, and hang the new one by where the deer are coming out. Just be real careful and surprise him. Ive heard it works.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure he'll be back deer are used to those kind of things. He might vacate the area for a couple days but don't give up. He'll be back.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:28 AM

How strange that you make this post. Yesterday evening I had the exact same thing happen to me. I decided to sit in my 3rd treestand which overlooks a bean field. At approx. 615pm I see several deer come out into the bean field and are slowly working towards me.

About 5 minutes later I hear what I believe to be 22 rifle shots. Approx. 5 minutes later the deer are about 150 yards from me and start running as fast as they can right towards me. Just as they hit the woods about 30 yards to my right I hear the faint sound of an engine. 30 seconds later here comes 2 guys on 4 wheelers going down the edge of the woods.

They drive right past my stand and never looked up and seen me. A little side note, last year we found 2 deer both shot in the head with what appeared to be a small calibur bullet ( 22 maybe). The man who owns the property told me 4 years ago he chased off 2 guys who got their kicks out of shooting deer in the head with a 22 and leaving them to rot.

Needless to say I talked to the landowner, Gamewarden and the cops. The landowner has made it known to the gamewarden and the cops that I am an authorized property manager. So what does that mean? That means the next time I see these guys on the propertyI have every right as an agent of the landowner to takethier guns, thier 4 wheelers and even thier car/truck if it is parked on any of the property.

I also had caught one of the the guys who drives the red 4 wheeler twice this year ( late summer, aug/sept time frame) driving through the woods. I gave him fair warning both times not to come back and both times hepromised not to return. Sooooooooo, now he's back and has a buddy with him.

I will catch these guys and hopefully will be Ebaying two nice 4 wheelers and maybe a gun or two.

I am so sick of these yahoo's and have had enough

EDIT: P.S Before anyone ask, yes the property is posted per maryland state guidelines.

Dave
Old 10-04-2005, 06:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Sure the buck knew something was up. YOu're hunting the same stand all the time. He's aware that it's there. Move around or don't hunt it so often. As far as the 4 wheeler, you got to have a confrontation and get rid of him.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:17 PM

I would have moved my stand already , without the four wheeler. You said he busted you drawing your bow in that stand. Time for a backup plan.
no he busted me on the ground, i started hunting the stand the next day, i am gonna use my climber today.. thanks for the tips guys
Old 10-04-2005, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd have bombed him with my pee jug.

Seriously though

If you take a piece of rebar (very cheap at Lowe's), cut it to about 2 feet, and grindone end, leaving a sharp point sticking up. Weld something to the side, about 3" down from the point, (i.e. a 3-4" piece of rebar horizontally)so that you don't dull the point and you have something to poundwhile you drive it into the ground. If you put it on a steep incline (where the ATV trail comes up a steep bank), the tires really bite right into the tip, and it shreds 'em but good.Not that I would know. Because I wouldn't.

If he cost me a buck, I'd cost him some tires. Fair trade, I'd say.

I'm not jokin' about the pee jug either - I'd have whipped that baby at him.

Old 10-04-2005, 04:08 PM

I know what you're talking about. Where I hunt, it's public land but the 4-wheelers are not allowed in the park. The people whose property back up to the park are the ones letting their kids run wild. What makes me even more angry is the local CO knows about all this and does nothing.
Bowhntr44, I'd like to hold them while you pound them, but please let's keep this in perspective. Rebar punji stakes?????? Two ARMED parties confronting each other when you know that one of those parties are a$$_____????? Brother, this ain't worth dying. Can you get the local law enforcement to do anything???? Man we just don't need another massacre like last years and I bet your wife would be happy about one either. Pleasethink this over brother.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Yeah , I feel for ya , what an insensitive a-hole !
Why just the other day I was riding my quad , just minding my own business ya see , and this crazy jagoff in a tree started hollerin' at me and totally bummed my ride...

Ordinarily I'd be in with the pungi crowd , but maybe the next time you go there you could take a digicam with you and just snap the prick's photo for ID later . I'd almost bet that your landowner knows him , and he'll thank you(Translation:Brownie points) for catching him in the act . That camera might also come in handy for recording the deer of a lifetime .

Quick Reply: how mad would this make you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.