Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

POP UP Blinds

Old 10-03-2005, 05:46 PM

Default POP UP Blinds

Anyone use a POP UP blind for bow hunting deer?I'm thinking about buying one but wanted some feedback first. The CARBON POP-UP made by Eastman Outfitters looks good from what I can see in the Cabelas mag. I dont believe in the carbon stuff but liked the fact that they say it sets up in less then 30 seconds and does not seem too big. Please provide any feed back if you have experince bow hunting deer with sucha blind.
Thanks....
Old 10-03-2005, 06:16 PM

Default RE: POP UP Blinds

I took my first bow deer out of a blind (Ameristep Big House) just this year. If it is brushed in well, deer don't seem to mind it. I used the mesh windows, but have not used the TSC ones yet (plastic + mesh). I have heard they shy away from black holes (big open windows with no mesh). My main advise to you is to make sure the blind you get is big enough to draw your bow in. After that, once you are hunting from it, make sure the windows behind you are closed, or they will be able to see your shadow when you move and will spook.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

I do, sporadically. Both of my neighbors just started using them this season as well. In fact, my immediate next door neighbor just called me to come help him as he shot a doe out of his Ameristep Doghouse TSC. The funny part is that the doe came from behind him and literally brushed up against the blind as it entered the field.

Now that is concealment in my book.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:38 PM

Yep. they work great.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've used them in the past but don't have one of my own. I got lucky and got to sit in a double bull matrix 360...that is the next blind that I will own period. Yeah, they work though!
Old 10-03-2005, 07:10 PM

ORIGINAL: bowtech die hard

I've used them in the past but don't have one of my own. I got lucky and got to sit in a double bull matrix 360...that is the next blind that I will own period. Yeah, they work though!
I have a double bull and they are GREAT... If you brush it in a little bit the deer have no clue what it is. I actually had them eating some of the brush off of it the very first day i put it up. I wasn't hunting in it that night but i could see it from my treestand. since then i have hunted it 2 times and the deer get really close.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

i bought one a few months ago...going to try it this weekend.
i can't wait....best of luck if you decide to get one.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:52 PM

I like them so much, I got two of them! I can sit and read if I get bored, and I don't get busted when I stretch/pull the bow like I have before in a tree.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:58 PM

How many windows does the Ameristep doghouse have?
I'm worried that deer can sneak behind me.There are hard enough to see without looking through a mesh screen.
I've never used one.So please give me your thoughts, to those of you that have.Thanks
Old 10-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Fork Horn

I have a doghouse and it works good but is a little small I have trouble drawing my bow with out hitting something. This past weekend I drew back and my stabilizer hit the front of the blind and the deer took off. It has windows on three sides with smaller bow port windows in them. The door can also be used and a window but does not have a bow port. The other thing is that i had to sit in the middle of the blind so I would not hit my arm on theback and deer could see me. But I did not have the mesh screens up. But they did not mind the blind being there. I cant see spending the money for a double bull when the doghouse is $80.

Bobby

Quick Reply: POP UP Blinds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.