Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What Arizona E-Z fletcher to use with a whisker Biscut rest and Blazer vanes? >

What Arizona E-Z fletcher to use with a whisker Biscut rest and Blazer vanes?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Arizona E-Z fletcher to use with a whisker Biscut rest and Blazer vanes?

Old 10-02-2005, 11:28 PM
Spike

Default What Arizona E-Z fletcher to use with a whisker Biscut rest and Blazer vanes?

I want to buy a Arizona E-Z fletcher since I keep shooting up my vanes. I was planning on using Blazer vanes since I have heard so many good things about them. I am shooting the Carbon Express 350 Maxima arrows and I wanted to know what offset works the best with the Whisker biscut. The carbon E-Z fletch comes in 1 degree or 6 degree, should I get the 1 degree offset or the 6 degree offset. They recommend the 1 degree for shoot throuh-style arrow rest, but I thought it was better to have more offset to help spin the arrow. I am new to refletching arrows and would appreciate the help.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:37 AM

Default RE: What Arizona E-Z fletcher to use with a whisker Biscut rest and Blazer vanes?

I have the straight carbon EZ fletch (blue) and the Right Helical (green) for alum arrows. Both work equally well on all my carbon shafts and I have no problem fletching with blazer vanes. My arrows fly great.

Old 10-03-2005, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What Arizona E-Z fletcher to use with a whisker Biscut rest and Blazer vanes?

I've got the straight and the 1 degree right Arizona EZ and I use the 1 degree with the blazers going onto my 5575 Gold Tips, and it works very well, even with my 100 gr. inner-loc fixed heads through the WB!
Old 10-03-2005, 10:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

The local shop uses the regular Aluminum fletchers for all of their ICS style carbons without any problems. I prefer a slightly less amount of helical...preferrably a one degree offfset actually.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm using the helical green for my ICS arrows.
I ordered the 1* carbon model, but when it arrived it was a straight fletch w/ a note attatched saying they don't make a 1*. This was the Arizona ez fletch model. (been a few years now)

The helical provides a little more twist than I'd prefer for going through a WB, but it's what I've got- so it's whatI use. I think 4* would be optimum.