Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shot a Crippled Buck >

Shot a Crippled Buck

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot a Crippled Buck

Old 10-02-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Shot a Crippled Buck

Well boys I was able to connect yesterday morning. It wasn't the exact deer that I was looking for but it was one we were looking to see and take off the property. The neighbors down the road had informed us that a
week ago a buck was hit down the road near our property and that he was banged up pretty good. We had decided that if one of us saw him we were going to take him and fill our tag before the yotes filled their bellies. At about 7 I saw one of the yotes, which was out of range [:@], go by. He must have been on that crippled buck because he limped up to me about 20 minutes later. He definitely wasn't moving real well and he certainly wasn't moving any better after the hoyt rolled over on him at 16 yards. Double lung pass threw and 30 yards later I had my trophy. He is young 6 point and it is a shame that he got hit by that car but he will taste good just the same, the meat we salvaged any way. Upon skinning and gutting we found the rear hip was shattered and it appeared to have some other injuries. He may have healedback upbut we did we didn't want to wait. I guess the other big boys will just be that much bigger next year. I haven't scored him for the contest yet but here is a pic. Sorry for the big story.

Old 10-02-2005, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shot a Crippled Buck

Thats a good job. Congradulations on the deer.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

good job
Old 10-02-2005, 07:16 PM

that a shame that deer was hit and injury like that.....he prolly wouldnt have standed a chance with the yotes, good job nice deer
Old 10-02-2005, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

that was a real nice thing you did for that deer. it takes a good person to do that good job still a nice deer in my book its the hunt that counts not the size
Old 10-02-2005, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

WV, that was the cool thing to do!
Old 10-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well done my friend, well done! Congrats!
Old 10-02-2005, 07:45 PM

i would have done the same thing.. that deer would have been yote food if not for you doing that.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations. That looks like a beautiful animal to me. That is a fine thing that you did. I respect you for it.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats WV!

Quick Reply: Shot a Crippled Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.