Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 take a senior citizen bow hunting, do you? >

take a senior citizen bow hunting, do you?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

take a senior citizen bow hunting, do you?

Old 10-01-2005, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default take a senior citizen bow hunting, do you?

i found that taking an elder hunter out can be both satisfying and educational! i have one guy who is 73, brings his climber on his back, is there early ready to go, does taxidermy, nice!, and always sees deer, always! i met another guy who is 85 and wants to go shotgun hunting, although i dont see the sport in that but at 85 i might!! im gonna take him out this year! he told me several stories that were great! one was hitting a deer in the head w/ his stock on the ithaca 16ga and breaking it in half when the deer jumped up! any good stories you have from are elders!
Old 10-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: take a senior citizen bow hunting, do you?

Just watch how you say elder you dang young whippersnapper.[:@] And just what do you call an elder.[&:]
Old 10-01-2005, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

Just watch how you say elder you dang young whippersnapper.

what is this? elder means older than me 39 , was i rude? dont get it! as you asked an elder is somebody who doesnt put a retarder wedding pic up! thanks!
Old 10-01-2005, 07:52 PM

lol! I think he may have been joking...?
Old 10-01-2005, 08:19 PM

I take a 70 year old with me, but then Im 72, havent run across any elders except at church.. GGBH
Old 10-01-2005, 09:24 PM
Dominant Buck

YUP... I was joking. And as far as the retarded wedding picture. That's my wife and I 35 years ago. She's dying from lung cancer. I find nothing retarded about showing off my wife.

And YUP, I'm an elder. I'm old enough to draw Social Security, still carry my climber on my back and I helped gut and drag out a deer today after spending the morning 20 feet up. Old is a state of mind. It has nothing to do with age.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Dominant Buck

Old 10-01-2005, 10:16 PM

My hunting partner is going to be 70 next month.
He would kick me in the ass if I called him an "elder"

We have been hunting together for 17 years now.
I am 42
Old 10-01-2005, 10:41 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

YUP... I was joking. And as far as the retarded wedding picture. That's my wife and I 35 years ago. She's dying from lung cancer. I find nothing retarded about showing off my wife.

And YUP, I'm an elder. I'm old enough to draw Social Security, still carry my climber on my back and I helped gut and drag out a deer today after spending the morning 20 feet up. Old is a state of mind. It has nothing to do with age.

Sincerely sorry to hear about your wife. Don't take too much offense to this igit...he can't even spell r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d!!![&:] But then I know you are as thick skinned as they come. Good luck.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ha what a joke are own government hopes all the old timers die.then they wont have to pay them SS.The only reason the Government would take a old person hunting is in hopes he would have a stroke and die

Quick Reply: take a senior citizen bow hunting, do you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.