HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Would you carry a handgun while bow hunting? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/114956-would-you-carry-handgun-while-bow-hunting.html)

cgeorge 09-30-2005 01:10 PM

Would you carry a handgun while bow hunting?

How many of you guys carry a handgun for safety while bow hunting? In my state it's illegal. I'm only asking because I could certainly see the benefits of being armed. There are alot of wild dogs and coyotes where we hunt. Not to mention all of the feakin meth labs scattered throughout our county. I'm not trying to start an ethical debate. I'm just wondering how many of you feel about this.

GR8atta2d 09-30-2005 01:12 PM

RE: Would you carry a handgun while bow hunting?

I wouldn't!

Arthur P 09-30-2005 01:18 PM

Why would I carry a handgun for safety when I've got a bow and a quiver full of razor sharp broadheads? Not to mention I can shoot a bow better than I can a handgun.;)

G2 Shooter 09-30-2005 01:19 PM

If I was hunting dangerous game and it was legal, I would. But since I am hunting Whitetails and it's illegal in my state then no, I don't.

gonzodemon 09-30-2005 01:22 PM

I wouldnt carry one for dogs or yotes my arrows do just fine but i do carry one when i hunt hogs in the off season just cause its hard to draw your bow and run. If the meth labs are that bad i would search out new hunting woods and fast.

cardeer 09-30-2005 01:32 PM

Not legal in Pa.

Hunter06FlKy 09-30-2005 01:34 PM

ORIGINAL: G2 Shooter

If I was hunting dangerous game and it was legal, I would. But since I am hunting Whitetails and it's illegal in my state then no, I don't.
ditto. if it were legal i would but it's not where i hunt.

ELKINMTCWB 09-30-2005 01:41 PM

I do pack a handgun when hunting in MT. Normly its a 22 but if I am in some places I do pack my 41 mag. There is many reasions.

1you can bear hunt when elk hunting.

2 you can kill grouse allso :}

3 Grizz and wolves and not to skeerd of people.

4 And last and most inportant. I CAN it is legal.

Rammer 09-30-2005 02:06 PM

Not legal in South Dakota. The only time I would carry would be if I was hunting where mt lions lurked (aka - black hills) I did carry my handgun this spring turkey hunting out there, I was using my bow as weapon of choice with my 40 S&W as Mt. Lion medicine.

RTA47 09-30-2005 02:12 PM

Not legal in GA.