Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 This may be an unimportant question but. >

This may be an unimportant question but.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This may be an unimportant question but.

Old 09-29-2005, 09:49 AM

Default This may be an unimportant question but.

Why do people use rubber surgical gloves when gutting deer???? Or is it another gimmick to get people to spend money.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: This may be an unimportant question but.

i use them for easy clean up besides they are cheap. when i am finished gutting all i have to do is take the gloves off and my hands are clean. you dont have to worry bout finding water or snow to try to wipe the blood and fat from your hands or from your fingernails. so to me it was no gimmick just made things a little easier
Old 09-29-2005, 10:01 AM

ORIGINAL: CAMPFOURCORNERS

i use them for easy clean up besides they are cheap. when i am finished gutting all i have to do is take the gloves off and my hands are clean. you dont have to worry bout finding water or snow to try to wipe the blood and fat from your hands or from your fingernails. so to me it was no gimmick just made things a little easier
in addition it does not feel like your wearing any gloves. I have very good feel with the surgical gloves on. I also buy aquarium cleaning gloves which go up to your shoulers. Just pull them off and you clean as before you started.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Possible fear of infection or parasites. Any open cut on your hand can allow entry. Don't use them but it's not a bad idea.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Agree wiyh above easier clean-up..but usually I forget I have them till it's too late
Old 09-29-2005, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Along with easier cleanup and protection against possible infection, the surgical gloves give me better control of my knife when the handle gets wet and slickery. There are a lot of good reasons to use them and very few reasons to not use them.

Allergic reaction to latex is the only good reason to not use them andthen they've got poly gloves for those folks who are allergic.

They're cheap and really handy for doing chores around the house too - painting, staining and such. I've always got a box on hand anyway.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CAMPFOURCORNERS

I could not have sead it any better!
Old 09-29-2005, 11:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

boy what a bunch of wussy hunters.wipe the mess on your pants or lick your fingers like i do.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:27 AM

I use them so as not to chance given the deer an infection. I do alot of scratching while on stand and am sure my hands are not sanitary. I also sterilize my knife by pouring some of the brandy from my flask on the blade. Just a lil bit though,and gin will work equally well...
Old 09-29-2005, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with cardeer, I usually strip my shirt off and wipe several coats of blood on my chest, drink a cup or two right off the bat and always follow up a good guttin job with a few bites out of the heart while it's still warm. [8D]

Actually, I've been wearing gloves for many years gutting deer. I really don't see the point in smelling like deer guts all day.

Quick Reply: This may be an unimportant question but.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.