Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Trailing Deer - Color Blind >

Trailing Deer - Color Blind

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trailing Deer - Color Blind

Old 09-29-2005, 01:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Trailing Deer - Color Blind

what about tracking with a dog? not sure if it is legal where you are or not and i have never done it but it seems like a reasonable solution for the few times you need additional help
Old 09-29-2005, 01:24 PM

I have been told that a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and water in a spray bottle will foam when it hits blood. Does this actually work? If so, what ratio to use? Any other suggestions
yep it actually works, I don't mix it, I just buy an 89 cent bottle of peroxide and put it in a spray bottle and go spary..
Old 09-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

OutdoorLife article on tracking deer with dogs

New York, Wisconsin, Maine, Vermont, Indiana, Texas, British Columbia, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio and Alaska all recently passed laws to allow the use of dogs to recover deer and other big game. It is also legal to use a dog to track wounded deer in most of the South, though some states regulate it on the county level. In general, the practice is gaining acceptance across the country, but you should review the regulations to be sure it's legal where you hunt.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:16 PM

was talking to my eye doctor the other day and he said women see the color red much more vivid then men do. he says all men are color blind to the color red to some extent compared to women. so take your wife with ya, you know quality time together..
Old 09-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

The H. peroxide is cheap, no need to dilute it with water. Being partially color blind myself I have used it in the past and it will bubble up really nice even when no blood is visible. I have used the game tracker years ago but like you say it is unrealiable and can effect arrow flight..........dabow
Old 09-29-2005, 07:32 PM

try a red lens flash light, not for sure how it'll work being colored blind, but its helped me several times, good luck