Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tents..anyone use them? >

Tents..anyone use them?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tents..anyone use them?

Old 09-28-2005, 04:18 AM

Default Tents..anyone use them?

Hello All,
I tell ya..this forum can get addicting..anyhow let me know what you think of these pop-up tents. My dad bought one for bow hunting turkeys in the spring & it worked out very nice. I undersatnd if we put it up the deer will eventually get use to it. On the other hand hunting turkeys out of it which have no sense of smell was very advantageous...butthe nose of a deer??Have or do any of you use them to bow hunt deer out of?

Henny
Old 09-28-2005, 05:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tents..anyone use them?

Its funny that you ask that. I been spending some time in my doghouse blind. Lastnight while setup in a strategic area on a piece of land that I own that over looks a small swail, the blind has been up for about a week so by now the deer should be used to seeing it. Anyway, I noticed the blue jays were making a hell of a racket all around me and was wonderign whet the heck was goign on, I couldnt see anything moving to the right of me or in front of me, I turned around and got the scare of my life when I saw a yearling looking right in my blind at me. Im never heard the two come in because of being set up in a small pine pacth. Im not sure who scared who more, me scaring the deer or the deer scaring me. So pint being, the blinds do work but make sure you have it set up for about a week and where the public can not see it, or kiss it good bye.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:57 AM

i have the outhouse blind and have killed deer within hours of setting it up. i just spray it down with scent away then i put fresh earth scent discs on it. just remember when you store it dont put it in your house . it will soak up all the smells. if you must. then get one of the big ziplok bags and put it in it with a fresh earth disc.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:12 AM
Dominant Buck

I've noticed a lot of these "TV Experts" that use them brush them in pretty good to. I would think that would help make it low impact. Just cut and lean a few small saplings and trees around it.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

We use them every season. Have good luck with both deer and turkeys.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have used them for the past three years, sporadically, and have been fortunate enough to take one doe out of one already. Great idea for certain areas where a treestand might not feasible or in inclement weather.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:59 AM

Just started using onelast year and now I can't imagine not having one.Have had deer all around me and haven't been picked off yet. My favorite thing about it is I guess is that I can get away with movement that I never could in my tree stand. I can sit all day but sitting still all day is another thing.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:55 PM

ORIGINAL: tech29er

I can sit all day but sitting still all day is another thing.
I second that. I got me one of those pop up nylon chairs most people use for camping. Almost too comfy, I catch myself starting to dose if I'm not careful