HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Whisker Biscut (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/114564-whisker-biscut.html)

redneck667 09-27-2005 09:09 PM

Whisker Biscut

anyone used/have it? how much arrow speed do you think you lose? and have you had any problems with it? is it worth the money?

aeroslinger 09-27-2005 09:45 PM

RE: Whisker Biscut

Yes, not worth mentioning, no, and yes.:) It makes the plastic vanes wavy after a while. I went to helical feathers and they seem to be holding up quite well. I love mine. Used to have a Bodoodle pro which was a good rest but glad I went to the WB.

hoseromon 09-27-2005 10:28 PM

I was going to get one but I heard that they magnifyyour mistakes because your arrow is surrounded rather then just resting on a rest. Dont know if this is true or not but would like to know if it is if anyone knows for sure.
JOE

atlasman 09-27-2005 10:30 PM

ORIGINAL: hoseromon

I was going to get one but I heard that they magnifyyour mistakes because your arrow is surrounded rather then just resting on a rest. Dont know if this is true or not but would like to know if it is if anyone knows for sure.
JOE
Mine is accurate out to 40 yards with 4 blade Stingers.........I'm sure it would be fine past that but I only have pins up to 40 ;)

GREAT hunting rest.........holds arrow.......solid, quiet, simple, accurate.

BigJ71 09-27-2005 11:02 PM

It's a great rest.

I too started to get some waves in thevanes but I readjusted it and even that seems to begone now. If you get good quality vanes (I don't but I will) it should not be a problem. I have noticed that the biscuit really likes the arrows at 90deg to the string, nice and level. I also noticed that the center shot must be perfectand the rest level too. It also seems to work the best with a perfect even tiller as well.

After I readjusted it...well I actually took off the drop tine and put back on the originalmodel (the one with the straight bar)with the quick shot biscuit. I like that one the most because it has more of anadjustment range than either the drop-tine or Deluxemodels do. Plus it's much more compact and lighter than the other two.

Anyway, I put the original back on and adjusted it for a perfect center shot and adjusted the height for a perfect level arrow and made sure the biscuit itself was not tilting. The bow was already set with an even tiller. I then paper tuned it and I had perfect bullet holes. I sighted it in again at 20, 30, and 40 yards and the arrows are flying perfect. Tested the G5 Montec broadheadsand they were right on.

What I didn't notice was any more fletching wave. Like I said my vanes were starting to show signs of waving (not bad) but I shot at leastone hundered plus shots today and they did not get any worse. When I refletch I will go with either the Flex Fletch or Vane-tec V-Max vanes.

The most important thing though is getting it set up right. I did it myself and it took me about 20min from the installation of the rest to the first arrow through paper.

If you do that you will really enjoy this rest. The best thing about it is once it's set....it's set. No more adjustment will be needed. One less thing to worry about. You will lose about 1-3 fps (not much at all) just make sure the arrow has room in the rest. You should see some light around 3/4 of the arrow, there is a guide on the back of the packaging showing how it should look. I have noticed absolutely no difference in accuracy from when I used other rests in the past.

It is well worth the money and IMO the best hunting rest on the market today.

dirz1 09-28-2005 06:20 AM

I use it and I probably always will. I had a few problems with arrows falling off of my rest when drawing back in a tree stand, so I decided to try this out. In my opinion, I don't think it affects your arrow flight or speed at all.

gonzodemon 09-28-2005 06:34 AM

i have used one i like it . i think they are great for hunting. if you have vane problems such as wavy vanes or tearing try using less helical they recomend straight . or go with some of the other guys and use feathers. but all in all the positives out weigh the negatives.

bolton22 09-28-2005 06:39 AM

I have one and love it....Yes you will lose some arrow speed but not much....One of the new hunting mags(Bow and Arrow Hunting)I got says use the new Bohning Blazers with the WB and you get virtually zero loss of speed...!!!??? Something to try.. Best rest I've had...Makes Stalking easier......I shoot 40yds no problem....

Diesel77 09-28-2005 06:50 AM

If you are using it for hunting then its a no brainer. You wont notice any speed loss unless you shoot deer through a chronograph. I have had some vanes become wavy also but thats after shooting lots and lots of arrows but they are cheap to replace/fix. I keep 4 arrows aside strictly for hunting. I use older arrows for target practice.

Hunter06FlKy 09-28-2005 01:41 PM

i've been thinking about putting one on my bow after this year, everyone seems to like theirs.