Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 season is looking promising >

season is looking promising

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

season is looking promising

Old 09-26-2005, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default season is looking promising

I jumped in the truck last night and rode down to the property I hunt last night Just to glass and check things out. theres corn and beans in the fileds, the farmer has started to cut the corn and has strips every so often. well riding slowly back to the bean field I surprised a nice doe which give me a good look and bounced off. whenI reached the bean field and cleared a finger of woods there stood a nice 8 pt. I got the binos up and got a good look at him. so I turned my truck around and buried her into some tall grass and shut her down and waited, well about an hr later here he come again but from downwind back out into the bean field. nose high in the air, a few minutes later he had 3 others over for dinner which made for a good show and a few ideas as to where to set stand. wellI left at the edge of dark and came back up to whereI seen the 1st doe. and there stood 4 more deer, In the mix was one of the biggest does ive seen in awhile. well as i rode out I seen the farmer and stopped to talk with him. I was telling him i seen a few and a groundhog. He said their all up front, I kicked 4 out of the corn the other day 3 does and a nice buck. Im feeling good about this yr. last yr was my first yr on this property and was more of a hunt scout kinda deal. ButI did some late season scouting and found a few rubs and sheds and have a good idea on how they move for this yr and after seeing whatI seen last night im feeling good about this yr. Sorry about being so long on the story but just had to vent. maybe ill get a few pics on here if i have any success. I wish everyone good luck this yr. and be safe.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: season is looking promising

Glad you are seeing some action. Good luck to you.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I enjoy hearing shorts like that! It shows you do your homework and that's part of getting pumped!!! Good luck!
Old 09-27-2005, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well .........GET TO KILLING!
Old 09-27-2005, 07:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Definitely sounds promising. I wish you the best of luck with it...and hope to see pictures some time in the next few weeks.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:18 PM

Get em on the ground!
Old 09-27-2005, 05:05 PM
Dominant Buck

Mine looks promising too , I just discovered that at least one of the persimmon trees on my property is already dropping ripe fruit , and the fruit is sweet ! I have a ground blind set up along a trail leading from the soybean field across the road to the persimmon tree at the edge of my place . With a bit of luck I should be arrowing a doe there this Sunday .
Old 09-27-2005, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

Kevin, you had to rub in you can hunt Sunday didn't you!
p%^&**()(ck.