Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Spitfire broadheads >

Spitfire broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spitfire broadheads

Old 09-25-2005, 12:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default Spitfire broadheads

I know i've posted this before but i need all the answers I can get. Do the spitefires get good penatration?
Old 09-25-2005, 01:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Spitfire broadheads

well ive used spitfires and had good results and bad results. the one thing you have to remember is to make sure you have a good shot and the arrow is going to pass thru. If you hit bone they loose their momentum and dont penetrate. I think thats with any broadhead. I think that where the spitfire has to open it looses its penatration, especially when it hits shoulder. I killed a few deer with the spitfire and when they pass threw they leave a nasty exit wound. but ive also had bad luck with them also. I switched to the muzzy broadhead and have had the same results. I think the spitfire is a good broadhead but you got to have the right shot and good shot placement. Good luck to ya this yr
Old 09-25-2005, 03:40 PM

I also think that you must place your shot right. Last week i shot a doe at 10 yards with no passthrough and didnt get her. Then 2 days ago i shot a doe at 40 yards and it went through both shoulders, complete passthrough. Very amazing to go through both shoulders at 40 yards. I took pics for posts like this.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/bowngun88/100_0072.jpg
Old 09-25-2005, 05:57 PM
New Sheriff

I've used them for four or five years now and out of the dozen or so deer I've shot with them, I have only had one not make an exit hole....and it was a very bad shot that just happened to hit the spine.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

They can, but it depends on your setup and shot placement along with just what your shooting at.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:13 AM
Spike

I have used them ever sincenap came out with them.I also used the two blade version which I wishnap never got rid of.I have never lost a deer using them,but I take only high percetage shots and have never had to track one farther than 50-60 yards.I have used thunderheads and muzzys in the past but I like the spitfires the best.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use them and have good results also. Shot placement is the key, as it is w/ anything...
Old 09-26-2005, 07:07 AM

Very amazing to go through both shoulders at 40 yards. I took pics for posts like this
that is a good double lung and you missed both of the large scuplas and the other big bones. that's why the arrow passed through.

When I read it went through both shoulders I automatically think bones. Just for the record I don't believe a spitefire will go through one scupla bone let alone two at 40 yards. Don't really care what ya shoot it out of either. It would take a picture of both bones with holes in them to prove it to me.

Last week i shot a doe at 10 yards with no passthrough and didnt get her.
I would suspect that you did hit hit scupla bones on this one,which is why you could not find it..

So to answear the question if you stay away form the big sholder bones and you have enough kentic energy and good shot placement the spitefire will work. I don't use them anymore, because I can get the same results from a smaller head, shockwave being one of them. good luck...
Old 09-26-2005, 07:14 AM

So far I have shot 4 deer with spitfire tips and had complete pass throughs on all of them, yet they were all within 30yds.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

I've had mixed results with them. I'm looking for consistencey therfore I'm sticking with Muzzy's.

A buddy of mine shot and 8 point last night at 20 yards @ 65# 30" axis arrows and 100 grain3 blade Muzzy. He hit the leg bone and broke it into pieces the put a perfect star in the heart still this arrow had enough energy to fall out the opposite side as the deer ran away.

If he was shooting Spitfires I don't think he wouldn't gotten any penetration.

Muzzy BAD TO THE BONE

Quick Reply: Spitfire broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.