Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Filled my deer tag this morning >

Filled my deer tag this morning

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Filled my deer tag this morning

Old 09-22-2005, 07:44 PM

Default RE: Filled my deer tag this morning

Congrats!!9 more days for me to get a chance.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:53 PM

Fast abd easy WTG.I have a similar setup for a sure thing on deer and turkey just down the hill from my house nest to my pond.Does bed down about 100 down from the house and have to go by the pond to get to the fields.I have a stand in the tree for the boy but for me too when I am ready to go after turkeys.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations Rick. Good shooting. My son loves to help skin the deer too. He became enamored with that type of activity last year after he saw me cleaning some geese.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:27 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats. Nice job.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why home school?

Fh
Old 09-22-2005, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why not? Shoot a deer then go to Wally world. Priceless.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why home school?
Not trying to be mean, but if you have to ask the question, then you probably wouldn't understand the answer. Given the caliber of public schools these days, the answer should be self evident.

Mike

Old 09-22-2005, 09:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why home school?
Here's some of the reasons:

"In a web poll taken by 989 respondents, 49% said religious conviction is the main reason they continue homeschooling; 15% positive social environment; 14% academic excellence; 12% specific needs of child; 5% curriculum choice; and 5% flexibility." -- taken from Youcanhomeschool.org

Does it work?

"By grade 8, the average homeschool student performs four grade levels above the national average." -- ibid

Now, let me ask: Given the state of what's happening in the public school sector -- take any area you want: discipline, education, shootings, etc. -- do you really have to ask this question?

Congratulations on the doe! And even bigger kudos for involving your daughter. What a biology lesson!!
Old 09-22-2005, 10:42 PM

Why homeschool? We started it out of necessity. Our daughter was 5 and I was working on a reseach project off shorefor a couple of years and the local schools didn't offer a curriculum we were comfortable with, so we started home schooling. When wecame back to the states, I was working at Stanford and we lived in Palo Alto - there were certainly good schools there. Wedecided to continuethe home schooling program, it appeared to be working. She graduated from U of Idaho a few years ago. We have a 16 year old enrolled in a local junior college, his younger brother attends public high school. We're willing to support either; if they want to home school - that's ok. If they decide they want to attend public school we'll support that too.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrates ,Cant you shoot a couple more,why just one ?????? What state ? I liked home schooling. My son built a race car fir his shop classes in home schooling

Quick Reply: Filled my deer tag this morning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.