Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

doe hunting

Old 09-26-2005, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: doe hunting

Renhoack31.........You aint killed those gals yet??? what in Sam Hill is you waitin fer??
Old 09-27-2005, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Take out the old ones!! I live and hunt in Clark County Wi and havent seen this many does in years. Every night im seeing anywhere between 20 and 30 does out of my stand on my land. I think its time to buy my bonus tags and start harvesting some does!!! I also have an area east of me and south of Hwy 73 that is T-Zone again this year that I may do some hunting in as well.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:58 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Illinois Bowhuntin

Kevin where in Southern Illinois are you at.I am in Union County
According to my driver's license I live in Indiana , not Illinois . Just what are they growing on those farms around you ?
Old 09-27-2005, 07:04 AM
Dominant Buck

renhoack31
BTW , since I happen to be a major Ren and Stimpy fan I'm pretty sure that "hoack" is actually spelled "Hoek" with two dots over the "o" .
Old 09-27-2005, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where I am from we are over run with doe's.As long as I have tag's and it is not this years fawn it is getting shot.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:36 PM
Fork Horn

If you dont want to shoot a small one then wait for two to come in and shoot the bigger ofthe two chances are that it should be its mom especially if it looks considerbly bigger then the other one. Also dont forget you dont have to be picky meat is meat a doe is a doe.
JOE
Old 09-28-2005, 04:10 AM
Fork Horn

I shot four does so far this season in Wisconsin and have not seen many fawns. I think this was a bad year for fawnsor something. Usually every doe has at least one fawn with her, but this year they do not have any and the ones I shot were good sized deer, but they were dry so theylost there fawn or never had one to begin with. Dont know what is going on there, but that means there will not be as many deer next year.
Anyway good luck to everyone this season and huntsafe!!!
Old 09-28-2005, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

I thought the colder the weather the hardier the animal. I figured you guys up north would have some big ole does, they sound more like big dogs. I won't enven say what a 2 year old doe here might weigh but you won't be throwing her on your shoulder and carrying her out.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:15 AM

Doesn't make much difference to me. I'll admit I haven't been that good about taking antlerless deer in the past and I'm going to make it a priority from now on. If the one that presents a good shot is on the small side I make sure there are no "buttons" on it's head. If I can't tell I don't shoot. Unfortunately my time in the woods is so limited that I can't always wait for the big doe.