Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who's got a API climbing stand????? >

Who's got a API climbing stand?????

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who's got a API climbing stand?????

Old 09-17-2005, 06:27 PM

Default Who's got a API climbing stand?????

I purchased one used today from a friend and he or I cannot figure out how this thing packs together....[&:]Can anyone that has one tell me how or post a pic of one put together...PLEASE....It is a API Bowhunter and I have never owned one and can't get it to sit together well for backpacking.....ANY help is much appreciated....
Old 09-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Who's got a API climbing stand?????

Set the foot platform on the ground and drop the seat inside the foot platform and push it to the rear of the foot platform. Now bungie or strap them together and push the chains inside so they aren't hanging out.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Dominant Buck

I have hunted with an API for about 10 years now. I have a different model though. Mine the platform sits inside the top section. I use a strap to hold them together at both ends. I've changed the seat to one from my Buckshot. I love mine really. I change the shrink wrap a couple times a year. Change the chains every 4 or 5 years. I just changed them last year after the season.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use one as well and mine fits together like davidmil described. The bottom platform is just small enough to fit inside the top portion. I used ratchet straps with mine because the straps that come with the stand loosen up too easily. I'd also recommend a better pair of backpack straps.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:06 PM

I have the grand slam shooting star and my foot sits inside my seat.You have to make sure the seat is pushed back or loose so the base will sit all the way into the seat frame.If you take the stand to your local bow hop they can show you how to put it together for carrying.Or post a picture of it in this thread and we will have a better idea of how to help you out by seeing what you have.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

After reading yalls posts it got me thinking I had it backwards. I had to go look at mine and I did type it backwards. Mine too fits like the others. The foot inside the seat. Sorry about that. I haven't looked at it for almost a year I forgot what it looked like.[8D][8D][8D]
Old 09-17-2005, 10:29 PM

I don't feel so bad now.

Last year before the season I was messing with my API Bowhunter and then I had that "I'm an idiot moment." I had been carrying the thing around the wrong way for two years when one evening in my driveway it dawned on me that maybe the seat should go the opposite way the platform does. Man did that change things, the stand actuall stays together now while I'm hiking, and I don't sound like I'm working on the railroad while walking in

Whats really funny is that I got to deer camp and my buddy has the same API bowhunter for like 5 years longer than me and he didn't have his together right either. I played it off like "man you know that you have that together all wrong, duh."
Old 09-18-2005, 03:50 AM
Typical Buck

Okay, for the top section that you sit on, when I start to get down, I loosen the seat back strap quite a bit, fold the seat back into 2 and into the seat bottom, fold them togetherand wrap the strap around the two until they're snug. Then when I'm at the base of the tree I take thebottom part of the stand off then the top. Okay, then the bottom part is on the ground. Take the top part of the stand and put it into the bottom part at a 90 degree angle to the bottom....one "hand hold" under the cross members and the other "hand hold" outstide of the cross member. The "wedge" section on the back side of the uppser section will be under the opposite side of the cross member that I mentioned. Just play with it. I know this sounds really technical but it's really quite simple. Just play around with it and you'll eventually get the hang of it! (I'd post pics but I won't be home for another month...otherwise I would.)
Old 09-18-2005, 05:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Same thing here as the others..when I had it. I gave it to a buddy of mine before last season. I am trying to remember if I put the seat in the opposite of the footrest or not. Regardless I either bungee strap or ratchet it securely in place.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:45 AM

Thanks a million guys You've been a great help...I'm going out to the garage to mess with it now....I knew I'd find help here...Alot better than going to the pro shop and having them look at ya stupid [8D]

Quick Reply: Who's got a API climbing stand?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.