Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I need answers!! >

I need answers!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need answers!!

Old 09-17-2005, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I need answers!!

I think bleach kills everything!

Definately use with poison ivy,chiggers, seed ticks, aids, cancer, strokes, and herpes!
Old 09-17-2005, 08:10 PM

i had criggers since dove season started then me and my dad when out this eveing and hung stands and stupid me i wore shorts and walked though chest high grass,,so i will prolly have them even worse,,and the plants with the torns(can think of the name for some reason)cratched the crap out of me as well,,,any way now that u heard me complain,,my parents told me to put fiinger nail polish on them,,the clear stuff,,i did it one other time and i seamed to help,,though it make the spot where it is at feel funy once it dries,,
Just my .10
Old 09-17-2005, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Frank, you're kidding, right?!? You've never heard of chiggers?
Old 09-17-2005, 09:25 PM

Get him about 3-4 bottles of rubbing alcohol and wash down thoroughly. Burns like heck,but will help. Chiggers are bad news, if you have never had them or heard of em,be grateful. Also known as no seeums cause there so small. I believe they only have 1 tooth,but it is 3" long...
Old 09-17-2005, 09:35 PM

You can buy some chigarid.It will help a lot.You can also use fingernail polish.it is supposed to cut the air off from the chiggar so it cant breath and it will die sooner.I got them not to long ago and I had over 50 of them on me.I had them every where as well.I got a couple bottles of chigarid and some anti itch gel.You can use something like Ivy dry also.The chigarid will burn a little on the open bumps but it seems to heal them faster if they are a little open when you apply it.
I have also taken a bath in bleach water.it burns a little at first but you want it to.i took a loofa sponge to open up the chggar bumps before getting in or even while in the bleach water.Like I said it will burn a little but it will dry them out quicker.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:56 AM

The bleach idea seems to by helping. I though Kieth was going to die when that bleach hit his skin. Ya'll are right about the pain. (that'll teach him not to listen to me) I better knock on wood 'for I get 'em. He says thank you, I think. He's yelling again. Oh, well. God bless this forum for it's wisdom and humor. Later ya'll!
Old 09-18-2005, 09:03 AM

Clear fingernail polish. Seriously. It suffocates them.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:07 AM

Chiggers are alive and well way north of the mason-dixon, I'm in South Dakota and have had my fair share! Always took a hot bath, had pink crap put all over them and then realized they were going to itch anyway!
Old 09-18-2005, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Clear fingernail polish. Seriously. It suffocates them.
Completely agree. When I go fishing in shorts and fish where the grass is mowed right to the bank, I ALWAYS see fish hitting the top about 20 yards into the tall stuff. I never can help myself. But I will take a bath in clorox and then use the clear fingernail polish (on my chigger bites of course). It works pretty well. Good luck with it.
Old 09-18-2005, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

Go to the store and get some Chigirid or put clear finger nail polish on them.

Quick Reply: I need answers!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.