Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Poison Ivy .....TWICE! >

Poison Ivy .....TWICE!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Poison Ivy .....TWICE!

Old 09-19-2005, 10:26 AM

Default RE: Poison Ivy .....TWICE!

Well, I went to Walmart and picked up a tube a Zanfel, and applied it this morning. It DOES make a difference! THANK YOU SO MUCH for recommending it !!!! $34.00 dollars for a 1 oz tube.....

I also have an appointment at 1415 hours today with the Doc. I'm going to see if she can give me a steroid/cortisone injection or something.

But that Zanfel does work! No more itching, and the rash appears to be getting better already. My left side of my face is still puffed up though; hopefully the "shot" will remedy that.

Kindest regards,

-Will in Maryland
Old 09-19-2005, 10:30 AM

I bought it also, but if you ever run out and cant find it, the hoo hah cream stops the itch... a little cheaper, but I am sure the Zanfel will work better... that is what I am going to try next time I get it...
Old 09-19-2005, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

I am just getting over this crap myself, for the 4th time this year! The first two cases were healed with Zanfel, but the last two have required the aid of a shot. This last round had me in fits! I blistered bad on my arms, hands, between my fingers, and on my collar bone. A shot, prescription of medicine, and one week makes me all better.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I get it maybe once a year, but usually just a few bumps in random spots on my wrists or ankles - never had it real bad.

You guys are right, that stuff does itch. To quickly get rid of mine, I scrape it until the pustules are openwith sandpaper or a sharp knife, then Irub it with a bleach rag. It seems to go away after that, but the bleach burns like all getout.

I'd assume, however, that it could be pretty harmful if too much bleach got into your bloodstream, so be careful if you try it.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:26 PM

Just got back from the Doc, they gave me a pill package of Methylprednisolone (whatever the heck that is) and I am supposed to take all six pill's tonight,five tomorrow, four the next day, etc...

My friggin forearm is running fluids off of it like it's sweating. [:-]

The travesty of all this is that I am going to still hunt from the same ladder stand that's enveloped in this this stuff. Last time I hunted (Saturday), I just about cleared all of the foliage away that I needed for clear shooting lanes. As long as I don't touch nothing suspect, I should be OK.

I plan to use a rag soaked in rubbing alcohol to wipe down the ladder as I climb it, to get rid of any Urushiol oils that may still be adhered to the ladderitself. Once the alcohol drys, to you think that it would spook any deer that would catch a whiff of it?

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland
Old 09-25-2005, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Willtill....soldier up...dress right dress...sleeves tucked in gloves, hang stand in daylight hours.....THATS A GIG soldier....Now how bout one of dem cold onez??