Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent killers

Old 11-17-2005, 05:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Scent killers

2 SHOT GLASSES OF HS BODY/SHAMPOO SOAP (GREEN STUFF)
Just what is HS soap and where do you get it ?
Old 11-17-2005, 06:28 PM

Hunters Specialties soap.......good old Wally World!
Old 11-17-2005, 08:48 PM

PSEBO do you just mix all the ingredients together? How long can you store it?
Old 11-19-2005, 01:46 PM

Knemo, I just took the Gal of distilled water and poured out about 20 oz, the I put half of it in a clean milk jug, put the 16 oz bottle of peroxide and HS soap in one and the baking soda in the other, put the cap back on and shake them until everything is diluted and then pour the two jugs into a clean Clorox jug (the Clorox jug is dark plastic and won't let light into it, peroxide turns into regular water if light hits it for extended periods of time, that's why peroxide comes in a brown bottle) any other type of container that'll stop light will do. Once combined store for 24hrs with the cap loose...this is important...loose the mix creates harmless gas and you don't want it to explode and make a mess. After the 24 hrs just pour some back into the peroxide bottle with a spray head and go to town on all your equipment.....this stuff works!!!! Today at 0900 I had two does at 20 yds down wind and never got winded, also don't forget to use scent free deodorant and wash you clothes in the laundry version of HS soap.

Good luck, Bo
Old 11-19-2005, 01:51 PM

Knemo, Forgot that second question...the guy that gave me the recipe said he used his first batch two seasons with awesome results.

Bo
Old 11-19-2005, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

I have used the Hunters Specialties products for years. I shower in the green scent free soap (body and Hair), wash all my clothes in their scent free laundry soap, and store my clothes in scent bags until the hunt. Once dressed I spray down with the HS Scent Away spray from top to bottom and pin a couple of their earth scent wafers on and I'm ready to go. Like I said, I have used this for years with alot ofsuccess. Hope this helps, and good luck.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:59 PM

Have used this recipe for the past couple of seasons and it is great. Make sure you leave the cap off (or very loose)of your mixture for at least 24 hours. I made the mistake of jumping the gun and put my gallon jug in the back seat of my carwith the cap secureafter about 8 hrs, well two hours into the trip the cap exploded off and I needed the scent killer for something else.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

Again, it works really well. I've gone another archery season without a snort to be heard except after a hit. I love the simple "solutions" in hunting....no pun intended.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:42 PM

What part do you guys think the soap actually plays in this mixture? Is it just to add some "smell" to it? I'm getting ready to make a batch, and I don't have any of that soap on hand...i do have scent free liquid detergents though...think that would work? Thanks guys.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:47 PM

I use just that. Scent Killer. It's made by the Wildlife Research Center and it works great for me. I also like the spray they have.

Quick Reply: Scent killers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.