Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ethical/Legality? >

Ethical/Legality?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ethical/Legality?

Old 09-19-2005, 01:06 PM

Default RE: Ethical/Legality?

Since this was bumped back up thought I would add this for the know it alls who insist MD DNR will retrieve your deer for you. I already knew the answer to thequestion I emailed MD DNR but here is the question and answer.

Hello,if you are hunting on private property of which you
have written permission to hunt and shoot a deer that runs wounded to a
neighboring property, even if this neighboring land owner says I cant
track or retrieve the deer from his land can I track it anyway?

If no,can I call DNR officer and have him tell the landowner to allow me
to track or retrieve deer?

The answer to your question, is that you may not trespass on another person's property without their permission (either to retrieve or track a deer). A Maryland Natural Resources Police cannot demand that a property owner allow you to enter onto their property either.
Sincerely,[/align]Kimberlee Edwards [/align]
Old 09-19-2005, 02:41 PM

Just how many white tailed deer are there in the US right now? Too many to fight and argue over someone killed this deer too close to "my" property. If I hunted near someone's property who I know has the attitude of some in this post, then I would just move away from "their" precious property so as not to contaminate it with my footsteps. Too many deer to have to worry about getting in trouble with the law or having to worry about getting an assault charge for slapping some loud-mouthed broad- shouldered land owner with a serious attitude problem. Now if it crossed over and they wouldn't let me get it, I wouldn't. I'd just make sure that all my gut piles mysteriously flew over onto his side of the property from then on
Old 09-19-2005, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Turtleshell
A slap might be what you come over for But you will be leaving with a boot in your a$$ and case of wuppa$$ you would not soon forget.

For a group of people that call them selves hunters some of you really amaze me.My taxes are $5600.00 My neighbor are more.Yet every year a bunch of "hunters " that live on a half acer lots think that tresspassing is ok and since its just woods why can't they hunt there.My land is hunted by my family & my friends thats what I bought it for.You same people buy your kids A.T.V.s but you own no land.Have any of you ever asked to hunt more that an hour before you want to hunt? There are a lot of reasons why people don't want you on their land none of them matter if you are told not to go there don't go there.The same rights I have as a land owner are the same ones you have to become a land owner.To turtleshell or any body else that thinks making threats helps your cause you are wrong.

But you are welcome to throw all the deer nuts in my trees you want.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:10 PM
Typical Buck

I am a land owner, dont have a problem whatso ever letting someone retrieve a deer, take a walk, go fishing...just be respectful and ask.

You cant take it with you...
Old 09-20-2005, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Turtleshell
A slap might be what you come over for But you will be leaving with a boot in your a$$ and case of wuppa$$ you would not soon forget.

For a group of people that call them selves hunters some of you really amaze me.My taxes are $5600.00 My neighbor are more.Yet every year a bunch of "hunters " that live on a half acer lots think that tresspassing is ok and since its just woods why can't they hunt there.My land is hunted by my family & my friends thats what I bought it for.You same people buy your kids A.T.V.s but you own no land.Have any of you ever asked to hunt more that an hour before you want to hunt? There are a lot of reasons why people don't want you on their land none of them matter if you are told not to go there don't go there.The same rights I have as a land owner are the same ones you have to become a land owner.To turtleshell or any body else that thinks making threats helps your cause you are wrong.

But you are welcome to throw all the deer nuts in my trees you want.
$5600 a year in taxes for hunting land?? No wonder you got attitude. I'd move somewhere else and buy land before I'deven dream of spending $467 a month on hunting land. I hope you dont pay any kind of other state taxes where you live. If you do , you should be walking funny because your getting screwed!!

Old 09-21-2005, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Most of my land is subdivided we have sewer , gas & 3 phase electric.I could sell this piece for a huge profit but,I have enough neighbors & I like the deer better.Hopefully I will find someone eles that thinks the deer need a home too and when I am ready to sell ,it won't go to a developer.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:22 AM

bawana just how big a boy are ya!
Old 09-21-2005, 07:22 AM

Land Taxes are allways "fun"..I wish ours was only 5900 but that would be pretty cheap for all thef arm land on the place... Oh well, you gotta spend some to make some.

Old 09-21-2005, 07:40 AM

shootnmiss, if his mouth is any indicator he must be HUGE!
Old 09-21-2005, 12:12 PM

Here in Texas the law cant make them let you get your deer. But I got around this by knowing the law . Texas game laws also state that it is ilegal to waste any eatable portion of a game animal. When I pointed this out the warden asked the land owner if he was going to tag and consume the deer he said no so the warden proceded to write a ticket for waste of game to the land owner who by law was in posesion of said animal because it was on his property and he was standind next to it. The land owner changed his mind. I got my deer and no one got a ticket

Quick Reply: Ethical/Legality?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.