Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ethical/Legality? >

Ethical/Legality?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ethical/Legality?

Old 09-17-2005, 01:26 AM

Default RE: Ethical/Legality?

Thanks Bigj12.This is new news to me.Something I have to keep in mind now.But here in Southern Illinois most people dont have a problem with letting people cross to get there deer.I only know of one that may be that way.Fortunately for me I only hunt a small ortion against him.Havent had to go to his place and geta a deer yet.I only own 12 acres.but it is a good 12.I am in the middle of 2 crop fields.My plasce is mainly oaks and 3 acres of good grass that the deer seem to browse on a lot.I have 3 acres no one touches that I have a small doe family bed on.
I hunt about 1000 private acres between 3 landowners here.I offer to help them whenever they need help with anything since they let me hunt.I always offer them as much meat as they want.Whenever I get permission to hunt somewhere I give them my numbers and tell them they can call any time for anything.For the most part the landowners who i hunt general like me hunting there.I am helping them and they are helping me.

Oh yeah!!!!!!!! Why cant we all just get along.I wont post in this thread anymore because it seems to have turned into a bad thread.Making enemies out of us who should be helping each other instead of compalining.We have pretty much gotten off of the original post that this guy was only asking for a thought on.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:11 AM
Dominant Buck

It's illegal to not try to retrieve downed game here , if the landowner balks you make one call to the CO and the matter is solved . The alternative for the recalcitrant landowner is a ticket for illegal game posession and unlawfully interfering with a legal hunt .
Old 09-17-2005, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

From the Indiana regulations...

"It is illegal to kill or cripple any wild animal without makeing a reasonalble effort to retrieve the animal to include in your daily bag limit. It is illegal, however, to enter private property without permission to retrieve downed game. Before you hunt, make sure you have permission to track game on land adjointing your hunting area."

Thought this was interesting. Seems Indiana isn't too different from Illinois. As far as a land owner being given a ticket? Don't be ridiculous!
Old 09-17-2005, 02:47 PM

Its all in black and white. Nobody wants to take the time to read it,thats all. Its all about,well I have always heard this,or my brother told me this,or one time my cousin said........

Spenda few minutes and read the rules folks.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Depends on who's land it is and what kind of a relationship you have. I had a deer that ran into a guys back yard and dropped dead 10 yards from his tennis court about 5 years ago. Well, you never saw an over weight, slow, bald, fat guy drag a 110 pound doe so fast in your life. I slipped right up to the edge, did a quick look about and made the dash, threw a rope around her neck and took off. It was a short sprint to a ravine and the safety of trees.[8D] This yuppie would have had fits if I knocked on the door. I'm really not about to let some deer go to waste because some guy wants to be jerk about it. IF I know he's going to say NO, he's never going to know I've been there. Like a shadow.... I'm in and out. I'd trail a reasonable distance(WITHOUT WEAPON)and abandoned if it appears it isn't going to happen. By doing so I realize I'm breaking the law in some states. If you do, you have to be willing to pay the fine.[:'(] DaveH will lock you up and take you to court.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:28 PM

BAWANAJIM, are you by chance the ******* who owns the posted land in question? sure sounds like it!
Old 09-17-2005, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

By doing so I realize I'm breaking the law in some states.
I believe its against the law in all 50 states! You see mostamericans highly value private property rights and don't take too kindly to low lifes who disrespect those laws. Hunters who are willing to scoff at them, like some are doing here, are fuel for the growing anti hunting sentiment.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

psebo Thanks for the kind words.I could be, but if you bothered to read no where did I say I would not help someone retrieve a deer.that said you had better call and tell me you plan on being an my land.Of course the same people that can't read the keep out signs would not see the phone # on those signs

27 posts and you are name calling I love it. Thanks again.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Im just glad that I have neighbors that all hunt and have no problems with us going in and getting a deer if needed. Same goes wiht them, we tell them every year that if they shoot a deer on their side and comes over to our side to come get it no questions asked. We all get along really well, thats the way it should be. Proper hunting ethics.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:18 PM

Man wis bow you just had to bring this thread back up.

Quick Reply: Ethical/Legality?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.