HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   mo deer hunt off to a bad start (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/112930-mo-deer-hunt-off-bad-start.html)

kerr73 09-15-2005 10:02 AM

mo deer hunt off to a bad start

It started yesterday when i always get my tag in town out side of my friends farm and i was in 3 places that day that could have got tags but i didn't get them till i was in town .so when i stop at the spot to buy them and the girl started to get my tag's and the printed wouldn't work and they couldn't get it to cancled so after about a hour and 2 store's latter of me trying to get my tag's i did .so i get set up for the morning with some warm up shot's with my bow did well shooting it about 12 times so i go to bed and get woken buy a t storm out side and had to go save my dog that was freaking out and put her in side .It rained hard till about 7 am so i'm off later to my stand and i get all set up ready to do some pull's to see if i had too move my roof on my tree stand up any and i can't pull my bow ???? so i look at it for about 1 min and the string on my top cam came off so i've got 1 hour till i can get in my bow shop and try to get it fix today .i hopeing for a afternoon hunt wish me luck it look's like i will need it

Gonzo11 09-15-2005 10:47 AM

RE: mo deer hunt off to a bad start

Well that sucks! Good for us to finally get some rain though. Hope you get your bow fixed for this evening. If the rain quits, and the cool air stays, it could be pretty promising...

MO_Bowhnter 09-15-2005 11:11 AM

Oh yea, it's looking real nice for this afternoon. Mid 60's overcast slight drizzle every now and then. Good day to start off the season in Sept.

Mikeforelk 09-15-2005 11:14 AM

Look at it this way, your MO opening day was better them mine, I'm sitting at work in KC wishing I was going out.
Good luck this afternoon.

KCMO Cityboy 09-15-2005 11:43 AM

Yeah Mike,
I'm doing the same thing as you. Makes it kinda hard to think about work when something was better on the agenda. That rain caught me off guard. Tomorrow will be better. Good luck to all you guys.

GAHogMan 09-15-2005 12:07 PM

Just remember it could have been worse! haha, becuase it always can be. This morning while stalking Ihad two does in front of me about 50 yards out, two beagles spooked them, and they ran by me at 35 yards, and one stopped for a little while, and continued on. A little futher thanI wanted to shoot.Later down the trail I ended up spooking a fork horn and a nice 8 for Georgia out of their bed at about 50 yards in front of me. On the way back I had to go through some cover to cross a creek, and two does happened to be bedded there. One of them went to my right, the other ran about 20 yards to my left. That deer stood there 25 yards from me, and I couldn't do a thing because of the brush. It wasn't a "bad" morning, but sure wished I could have let an arrow fly!Get that bow fixed and hit it again!

cardeer 09-15-2005 03:48 PM

so much for plans.

Illinois Bowhuntin 09-15-2005 03:53 PM

Now that isnt a good sign there.Glad you are not on my team LOL>Hope all works out well for you.