Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Found a dead one BEFORE the opener! >

Found a dead one BEFORE the opener!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Found a dead one BEFORE the opener!

Old 09-15-2005, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Found a dead one BEFORE the opener!

This is the kind of thing that really irritates me. Yesterday (the day before Opening Day), I went to one of the areas that I've hunted for over 20 years just to trim out the approach trail I'll eventually use. When I got close to one of my favorite tree stand sites, I smelled a rotting smell . . . and started looking for what I KNEW was close by.

I found her. A HUGE doe lay about 25 yards from my best tree stand tree. She was smelling pretty bad, but had absolutely NO damage yet from other animals, etc. I estimated that she had been shot the evening before -- TWO days before the season. She was enormous and completely intact with no holes on the "up" side, so I turned her slightly to see what caused her death. Some intestines began to appear that were already sticking out of the hole in her guts!! [:@][:@][:@] Some &*%$@* hole shot her before the season and then lost her to boot! [:@]

This is the 3rd year in a row that I've found a dead deer in that area in the early season that somebody wasted. The entire area will stink for a few weeks now and some idiot will be bragging to his buddies that he "stuck one, but couldn't find her."

That really ticks me off![:@]
Old 09-15-2005, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Found a dead one BEFORE the opener!

That sucks man.............[:'(]I guess I'm pretty lucky. I haven't had any problem with poachers where I hunt!!!
Old 09-15-2005, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's terrible. [:'(] I hope the s.o.b. gets caught.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

That really sucks DaveH I hate people who cant follow the rules and have to be @sses like this hey were in Harford County do you live I am In Street by Dublin on Rt 543 Good luck to ya
Old 09-15-2005, 10:22 AM

we found 4 deer deer's poached with rifle last rifle season that pissed me off .hope that was the last of that bs
Old 09-15-2005, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know exactly how infuriating that is. I just want to scream at people sometimes. Good luck with that deer not ruining your spot.[:@]
Old 09-15-2005, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is extremely difficult for me to even understand a person who has absolutely regards for the laws and or others.
Unfortunately we're breathing the same air as they are--wish that could have been different too.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

With no exit wound and no arrow sticking out, is it possible that it was another kind of wound? Perhaps a perferated ulcer or maybe an injury? We're always quick to blame someone but maybe it wasn't a poacher?
Old 09-15-2005, 03:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

They poach around here all the time
Old 09-15-2005, 03:52 PM

Havent had that problem here wher ei hunt either.

Quick Reply: Found a dead one BEFORE the opener!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.