Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 #(&#*&%... I MISSED!!!! >

#(&#*&%... I MISSED!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

#(&#*&%... I MISSED!!!!

Old 09-15-2005, 07:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Default #(&#*&%... I MISSED!!!!

.....going out on opening day. I woke at 4:30, got up, walked out on the patio in my underwear, got hit in the face with 75 degrees and humidity about 99 percent. I had tossed and turned all night, I turned around and went back to bed. The season is too long to screw up a new stand site just to say I went opening AM all tired and funky. I missed.... but not like ya'll were thinking. I just thought I'd get a couple fired up about another "MISSED" thread.[8D][8D]
Old 09-15-2005, 07:48 AM

Default RE: #(&#*&%... I MISSED!!!!

Did you put one in the broiler then?????????
Old 09-15-2005, 07:49 AM

Tell me about it.I sat in that 99% humidity and eventual downpour only to hear 4 deer go directly under my stand at 6:15 and saw nothing after that.What an opening day,maybe better luck this afternoon.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

BE CAREFUL how you call something on yourself!!! 'Missing' is not impossible and can happen at anytime.
The best of the rest will experience this during one time or another.
But I've gotta admit--- you caught me. Was just beginning to smile as say--- "here ya go--it can happen to the best of us--it doesn't feel so lonely here anymore".
Bees--you not only got a smile you got the chuckle--good one!!!
Old 09-15-2005, 08:07 AM

Same here gents, went out in the heat and humidity. Decided to go to my 4th stand site. Had 3 doe walk past within 10 yards of my stand at approx. 0600 and could barely see them. Did not see or hear a darn thing after that, got down at 0940 and walked home.

Dave
Old 09-15-2005, 08:15 AM

I made a vow not to waste my time this year on days like that...... I rarely see deer when it's hot AND humid, so why waste a good setup......
Old 09-15-2005, 08:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Bees

Did you put one in the broiler then?????????
[:-]
Old 09-15-2005, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

can't blame you either. think if you made a marginal hit and wanted to leave the deer a while. don't want to do that too long in that kind of heat.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

Last weekend for early elk up here. The weather has finally cooled off to 60's during the day and 40's at night.....then a front moves in. I woke up this morning to clouds, wind and the threat of rain. The all knowing weatherman says rain tomorrow afternoon and all day Saturday tappering off Sunday. This is the last weekend....(I know I said that already)...and probably the last days I can hunt the early season. I planned on hunting Friday, all day Saturday and Sunday afternoon but I had to take my wife for an outpatient procedure yesterday and didn't make it back to work so I have to make-up the time Friday...so it is out. Now it looks like rain Saturday..[:@][&o] I bought a Hoochie Mama and was so excited about taking her out.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:05 AM

Went out to the oak tree ridge stand. Sat for 3-1/2 hours and saw 1 small doe. Will try again this evening. Heres a pic of her walking past my stand.

Quick Reply: #(&#*&%... I MISSED!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.