HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Starting to get concerned... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/11279-starting-get-concerned.html)

Ken/WV 09-30-2002 02:11 PM

Starting to get concerned...

More and more people are having problem's falling or almost falling from treestands. Makes me think alittle bit as season approaches. I usually don't use a safety harness because the only one I ever had was a single waist strap. But when I purchased my Hunters View Hawk Cable Climber, it came with a full harness that goes around your shoulders and chest. So with all the almost falls, you can be sure I'll be wearing mine come October 12.

High Country Archery - "Driven to greater heights..."

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-30-2002 09:07 PM

RE: Starting to get concerned...

<font size=4>WEAR IT</font id=size4> I want to hear the hunting story afterward, not about someone falling from stand!

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>

gulfcoasthunter 09-30-2002 11:34 PM

Take it from someone who has, fallen wear the safty strap or even better purchase a five point harness like The Seat of the Pants. Its no fun laying at the bottom of a tree looking up at your stand where you were a few seconds before.

Deleted User 10-01-2002 06:47 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Chris Walls 10-11-2002 07:27 AM

Wearing your harness is extremely important -- check out our video feed at Treestand.com on treestand safety.

Chris Walls
Treestand.com
Where hunters come to hang-out

thenuge15 10-11-2002 09:26 AM

I always use mine, i also bought adapter straps with coated rings on them. This ways when i am at the top of my later i click in and when i get out i wait until im on the ladder to unclick. The only time i have ever came close to falling is getting in or out of the stand. This way i do not have to worry about that.

Deleted User 10-11-2002 09:43 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

LongSpur 10-11-2002 10:01 AM

Hey Commanche,

Do you have a link or anything to the website listing the stands that were recalled by Hunter's View. I got on their website and didn't see anything.

Thanks

Ken/WV 10-11-2002 10:14 AM

I have already read about the re-call. All I saw was lock on stands that used a nylon ratchet strap. My climber was on the list, and I have not had a problem with it to this point.

High Country Archery - &quot;Driven to greater heights...&quot;

titleist 10-11-2002 02:07 PM

I've found it not only serves as a safety device in the event of a fall, but also a security blanket. I feel a lot more relaxed in shooting from a stand with the harness on. My grouping is noticeably better with the harness on, cause I can relax and focus on the deer instead of focussing on my balance and wondering if I'm gonna fall.

justhunt 10-11-2002 05:03 PM

I also bought one of those harness style safety belts. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't used any safety device for a couple of years. Here in Hawaii I only go up about 10-12 feet (pigs don't see too well). After reading some of the posts about falling, I'm wising up and strapping in. Maybe getting older means getting smarter.

Ken/WV 10-11-2002 05:07 PM

I just returned from setting up my climber for opening morning tomorrow. My saftey harness is hanging in the tree about 17ft up. Waiting for me to strap in tomorrow morning around 6:30am. I have never used a harness, but after hearing the stories about almost falling, I'm content on wearing one now.

High Country Archery - &quot;Driven to greater heights...&quot;