Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Starting to get concerned... >

Starting to get concerned...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Starting to get concerned...

Old 09-30-2002, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Starting to get concerned...

More and more people are having problem's falling or almost falling from treestands. Makes me think alittle bit as season approaches. I usually don't use a safety harness because the only one I ever had was a single waist strap. But when I purchased my Hunters View Hawk Cable Climber, it came with a full harness that goes around your shoulders and chest. So with all the almost falls, you can be sure I'll be wearing mine come October 12.

High Country Archery - "Driven to greater heights..."
Old 09-30-2002, 09:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Starting to get concerned...

<font size=4>WEAR IT</font id=size4> I want to hear the hunting story afterward, not about someone falling from stand!

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>
Old 09-30-2002, 11:34 PM
Fork Horn

Take it from someone who has, fallen wear the safty strap or even better purchase a five point harness like The Seat of the Pants. Its no fun laying at the bottom of a tree looking up at your stand where you were a few seconds before.
Old 10-01-2002, 06:47 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-11-2002, 07:27 AM

Wearing your harness is extremely important -- check out our video feed at Treestand.com on treestand safety.

Chris Walls
Treestand.com
Where hunters come to hang-out
Old 10-11-2002, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always use mine, i also bought adapter straps with coated rings on them. This ways when i am at the top of my later i click in and when i get out i wait until im on the ladder to unclick. The only time i have ever came close to falling is getting in or out of the stand. This way i do not have to worry about that.
Old 10-11-2002, 09:43 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-11-2002, 10:01 AM

Hey Commanche,

Do you have a link or anything to the website listing the stands that were recalled by Hunter's View. I got on their website and didn't see anything.

Thanks
Old 10-11-2002, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have already read about the re-call. All I saw was lock on stands that used a nylon ratchet strap. My climber was on the list, and I have not had a problem with it to this point.

High Country Archery - &quot;Driven to greater heights...&quot;
Old 10-11-2002, 02:07 PM

I've found it not only serves as a safety device in the event of a fall, but also a security blanket. I feel a lot more relaxed in shooting from a stand with the harness on. My grouping is noticeably better with the harness on, cause I can relax and focus on the deer instead of focussing on my balance and wondering if I'm gonna fall.

Quick Reply: Starting to get concerned...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.