Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Upgrading need advice. >

Upgrading need advice.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Upgrading need advice.

Old 09-13-2005, 05:06 PM

Default Upgrading need advice.

I am going this weekend to get a new rest and site.I am wanting a new drop away rest.I dont want to spend too much or wife will kill me.I am wanting a brighter site also.Any suggestion's? I shoot a Hoyt Magnatec which I love to death and wont even consider changing bows.I shoot Gold Tips now and plan on keeping them also.I am heading to Gander Mountain this weekend I guess.Unless anyope has anything good they might want to get off of for a reasonable price.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:22 PM

Default RE: Upgrading need advice.

Our season opens Thursday and I went last Thursday and had new sights put on my bow.....I needed something that held a little more light as most of my hunting in done in the woods with a heavy canopy....especially before leaves fall. I ended up with Cobra sights with 3 pins. The fiber optics are awesome. There is a cover over the fiber optics that can be removed for even more brightness. There is a knob on top that turns on a small light inside the fiber optics which should really work well for those cloudy, rainy fall Missouri days. Cost about $80.00. I shoot a Hoyt Vipertec, which I also love and my Gold Tips fly great. Good luck with this and your hunting season.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:11 PM

I had a magnatec before buying my switchback this year. I use the Cobra Sidewinder sight. Very bright. Like it so much I kept it for my new bow. I also bought the Goldn Key TKO dropaway rest for a my new bow. Very good. Not near as expensive as a lot of them dropaways.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:24 PM

Cobra Diamondback rest, and a Cobra 3 pin sight. Both together shouldn't run more than about 80 bucks.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:31 PM

Hmmmmmmm cheap and works how can I go wrong LOL.I saw true glo sells a 4 pin fiber sight that is brite as well it has a light on it also.I didnt know if it would be too cheap or not.Anyone used this site before?
Old 09-14-2005, 07:16 AM

I would highly recommend the QAD Ultra Rest for a containment/drop away system. The pro version is a little pricey, but if you can get the hunter model it's essentially the same thing for about half the price.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:10 AM

I have a QAD Ultra rest, it is a self containing drop away rest, around $100.00. My site is a copper John, Dead Nuts with a blue light that shines on the pins in low light. Don't remember what it cost, but works awesome! Check these out. These are two key pieces of equipment on your bow, dont go cheap, you will be replacing next year. That means you end up spending more. My wife found out bowhunting is not a cheap sport.