Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Camo Shopping

Old 10-18-2002, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Camo Shopping

AO, I would suggest just getting a loose fitting non-insultaed coveral. That way you can add layers as needed for warmth. The camo pattern is really just a personal choice, and I would be hard pressed to say one is better than another.
Old 10-18-2002, 10:34 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>If green were such a good color for camo, then why are bear,deer,turkeys,elk,etc. green<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

That has to be one of the stupidest things I have heard on this board. If that logic held true than why would wot wear a solid brown suit like a deer. &quot;Hell, just wear your brown Carharts they'll never see you.&quot; Or solid black like a black bear? Two tone tan like an elk? Deep brown like a turkey? What could possibly be running through your mind that you are going to try to convince people green is a BAD COLOR for camoflage? Somebody call the Army because we gotta get all those uniforms changed ASAP!! Paint them damn vehicles too, green ain't no damn good for comoflage!

I agree with several of your points and the points of others on this thread. Camo is more of a gimmick or a fashion statement than a cure all. Any company out there can show you a picture of somebody in their camo hidden in the trees and make it look like their camo will make you invisible. I've seen realtree and mossy oak both come out with ads that make you look twice and think damn that hunter is hard to pick out. The reason I want a close up picture is that I want to see how it is constructed, how it might fit, what does it look like. I can get a pretty good idea of whether it will hide well or not by seeing it up close. You don't need to put your boat in the water for me to know if your duckblind will work well and you don't need to climb a tree in it for me to know if your camo will stand out or not.

With any camo I just want something that will break up my shape and make the deer unsure of what they might be seeing. After seeing the close-up picture of ASAT I have no doubts that it would be just as effective as a 3D suit in any of the camo patterns on the market. My only concerns would be about the quality of the construction, which may be excellent for all I know. Unfortunately I do not know of their product being available in any stores to check it out before buying so I'd have to buy on faith and hope that it meets my expectations. Again, I am not saying that it wouldn't meet or even exceed them, just that I do find them interesting and would like to see it firsthand but am a little apprehensive about ordering it. If the people on this site seem to agree that the product quality is good and the customer service is good then I may end up trying it.
Old 10-18-2002, 10:38 AM

ASATGuy, that last post was not meant as an attack on you but rather to point out that the manufacturers of ASAT are just as full of sh*t as any other camo manufacturer out there and willing to make obviously ridiculous claims in order to sell their product.