Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MD BOWHUNTERS

Old 09-12-2005, 07:41 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-12-2005, 07:47 AM

Default RE: MD BOWHUNTERS

I like stalking when it is windy. It helps to cover your movement but also hurts you hearing them. It gets you in tune with the woods and tests your TRUE hunting skills. Don't get me wrong, I put in a lot of time to find a spot and get everything readybut stalking is how hunting began.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:02 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-12-2005, 08:02 AM

Bucksbuddy, good idea. I was talking to my son about still hunting if the weather is windy and rainy, trying to explain how the wind and rain will help cover movement and sound. Thanks for posting so he can see your reply, now he wont look at me funny when i mention it again.)

Dave
Old 09-12-2005, 08:53 AM

I guess one good thing is if it rains all night on Thursday, the deer will be moving Friday. I'm hunting Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Might be divorced on Sunday but we'll see. [8D]
Old 09-12-2005, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

Ready to go here in Harford County but it is going to be hard hunting until they cut the corn were I am hunting butI am set up on a stream and I guess they have to get a drink sooner or later got my new bow and cant wait to get up in the tree
Old 09-12-2005, 01:54 PM

GOOD LUCK GUYS
Old 09-12-2005, 01:58 PM

Ready to go here. Will be hunting the chesapeake beach property Thursday and Friday. Been heresince the weekendgetting ready and at the last minute decided to hang a portable where the acorns are dropping. I will be in this stand on Thursday morning. Yesterday evening I saw 3 smaller bucks of 6-8 points all with polished antlers. Then at 7:30 last night I go out to the store and its right before dark,and right near the driveway is a 125 class buck still with all his velvet .Go figure. I have a few cull bucks that need to go this year and also need to take about 10 does from this woods. Good luck to all...
Old 09-12-2005, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

I've been ready since last January! This is the year I get my first, had a lot of help from lefty26 and slicendice, so I can't let them down!

-Rick C.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

Hi guys. Ready to go here in Chuck Co... I've been surveying the acorn crop - my usual opening week tactic is to post neara Chestnut Oak with acorns and deer poopunderneath it - nada. Many hours of looking/scouting, but I could not find anyWhite Oaks or Chestnut Oaks that were dropping. I think the red oaks will do fine, but it is not their time. My Sawtooth Oaks are loaded, but not dropping yet. I'll put up a stand near them for later in the season, it should be a gold mine. In the meantime, I'll be setting over a sorghum field opening day...
Good luck ya'll.

-fsh

Quick Reply: MD BOWHUNTERS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.