HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Got it Done (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/112257-got-done.html)

njbuck22 09-10-2005 01:04 PM

Got it Done

The NJ season started this morning, so where else would i be but in a tree. It started to get light alittle after 6 and by 6:15 i could see the pins. Just as i was thinking it was all going to come together, a massive flock of birds landed in the trees near me and were making all sorts of noise. I started thinking to myself that they were going to scare every deer off for miles, but thank god the left as soon as they came. Right after they left, at about 6:20, i could see some legs coming down the trail, so i stand up and her they come, three does. In NJ you have to harvest a doe before you can take a buck, so it was game time. I picked the biggest of the three and waited, and waited and waited. Finally, after 15 minutes, she came into range, but she knew something wasnt right, she was behind a tree when i came to full draw, but then got real skittish. She started to walk away and then turned around and came back. I knew it was now or never, so i placed my pin on the boiler room and let it fly at a slightly quartering away shot. It hit the mark and she only made it about 40 yards before she piled up, double lung shot. A done deal by 6:36. My buddy was on the other side of this small field, so he saw the entire thing live. I was pumped but it wasnt over. At 7:14, a doe and a spike walked past him and he let her have it, she only made it about 30 yards. So all in all it was a great morning, two friends spending time together and two nice does. Now its time for a BBQ and a cold one to celebrate. Funny thing is, this is my first time hunting this spot, but my buddy knows this area like the back of his hand and he told me this morning when we were driving there, "If we dont have 2 does by 7:30, something is seriously wrong" Man you got to love when a plan comes together. Now that the Doe is out of the way, Bring on Big Daddy!

huntnma 09-10-2005 01:05 PM

RE: Got it Done

wooohoooooooooo, now for the buck.....sounds like an aweosme morning.....

moosehunter21 09-10-2005 01:09 PM

Hey, good shootin now go get a buck.

pass_threw 09-10-2005 01:11 PM

way to go !
sounds like you better let your friend set you up on a buck now.

PT

Illinois Bowhuntin 09-10-2005 01:36 PM

I took a friend bow hunting for the first time last year with me.Well it wasnt his first time.But he had not been bow hunting for long before I took him.I put him in one of my stands on the other side of a field I hunt a couple times a week.That evening we both got out of our stands with our first harvest of the year and him with his first with a bow.High fives all the way around.We didnt know the other got one until we met in the middleof the field right at dark.I knwe why there wasnt any deer on my side but didnt know why there werent on his.I was soon to find out.He took a mature doe.I was more excited for him then he was I think.Cant wait for my boy to get his first with a bow this year.I already have his stand up and ready.He will get one opening evening.I saved my sure thing spot for him.
Congrats to you both.Now take a few more does with your buck and it will be a successful season.

BowHuntingFool 09-10-2005 02:03 PM

Well done nj!!!!!!!!!! Congrats! Sounds like an excellent morning! I can't wait till this Saturday morning, our bow season opens!!!!!

cyberbuck 09-10-2005 02:10 PM

Congrats!!! Buck time now.

Might Mite 09-10-2005 02:18 PM

Congrats...buck time

mobow 09-10-2005 02:42 PM

Congrats!!!!

DaveC 09-10-2005 02:46 PM

Congrats on the does!!

I'll be overly thrilled when I get lucky enough to trail a big doe on my lease this season.
Sure get's the freezer monkey off your back!