Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's your cheapo money saving tip? >

What's your cheapo money saving tip?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's your cheapo money saving tip?

Old 09-10-2005, 12:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default What's your cheapo money saving tip?

Come on we all got something we make ourselves. Let's share them Ideas:

Mine---> I get a plastic chew can ( such as Skoal) and cut an X in the top. Now I stuff it with cotton balls. Pull some of the cotton through the hole in the top.
This serves as an easy and cheap wind checker. As you pull out some cotton it breaks off but the next small piece is started through the like magic!

Sure you can buy'em but this one is free (basically) and works as well as the store bought models.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's your cheapo money saving tip?

This is bad..but it saved mea bunch of $$:

I bought a treestand at Gander Mountain a while back. They were sold out, so I got the display model. I had some camo that I placed in the bottom of the cart..along with a few other small items. When the employee placed the treestand and all the extra's in the cart, he just dumped in all on top of the camo and other items. I went to pay...with the employee...and he just rung up to total of the treestand. Not thinking of the price b/c I payed with my checking card..it wasn't until I got to my truck and realized I got the camo and a few extra's (including ratchets and a bow holder that was on the display model) w/o paying for them. I felt bad for a second..but then realized they've made enough $$ off of me in the past...that this is my way to break even.

I broke the law..but that's ok. Got some great camo out of it, as well as a couple ratchets, and a bow holder.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:11 PM

I like both methods of saving money.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Pat Curtis

This is bad..but it saved mea bunch of $$:

I bought a treestand at Gander Mountain a while back. They were sold out, so I got the display model. I had some camo that I placed in the bottom of the cart..along with a few other small items. When the employee placed the treestand and all the extra's in the cart, he just dumped in all on top of the camo and other items. I went to pay...with the employee...and he just rung up to total of the treestand. Not thinking of the price b/c I payed with my checking card..it wasn't until I got to my truck and realized I got the camo and a few extra's (including ratchets and a bow holder that was on the display model) w/o paying for them. I felt bad for a second..but then realized they've made enough $$ off of me in the past...that this is my way to break even.

I broke the law..but that's ok. Got some great camo out of it, as well as a couple ratchets, and a bow holder.
your a brave man to tell that story and use your full name. plushave your town and state showing under your avatar.
i can here the police knocking on your door soon.

PT
Old 09-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

If they want to go through all the trouble to find it...I'll be more than willing to pay the extra $$ I took from them. I believe I am more than safe though, so no worries on this end.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:30 PM

I read a article about how to make your own drop away from a pop up site.I will let you all know ho wit works out.That would be saving a heck of a lot of money I can use for toher things.If this works as well as it says it does I will make sure to tell the way it is done.Dont have time right now heading to place a stand and to do some long range scouting.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:41 PM

I clean, debone, and process all my meat myself. I'm not paying for something that I can do with a sharp knife and$5 worth of freezer paper and tape.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

When I want a new bow, I buy a $10 red oak board at Lowes and commence to whittling. Saves me hundreds of dollars a couple times a year.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:45 PM

Made my own spintester, and fletch all my own arrows. Raw shafts are cheaper than finished arrows.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yardsales and fleamarkets.I hang branches from artificial Christmas trees that I find in the garbage on my clothes and brush blinds. Make my own lure out of strained goat or cow manure.

Quick Reply: What's your cheapo money saving tip?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.