Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group? >

Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group?

Old 09-09-2005, 07:27 PM

Default Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group?

My question to all men and women to give a honest and open opinion about women hunters.

A new study within the US during "2004", it has been identified that women were one of four key out-door related markets with the highest potential for growth with in the next 2 years.

It also specified that women were also the fastest growing component in the shooting sport and hunting industry. Now more than 2 million women hunt in the US every year and nearly 4 million women target shoot.

Another study being commissioned by the NWTF remarked that "uncertainty, inexperience and accessibility" were the most common reasons women resist in participation in out-door related activities.

Men, do you find yourself giving acceptance in having women hunting within your "Hunting Group"

Or do your friends with female partners have to go on their own and hunt because you do not accept females into your hunting group.

Women hunters I hope that you reply to this forum, give your opinion on how you have felt hunting with men.

Were you accepted into the group or did you feel like a outcast, how has it helped or hindered your progress to becoming a sucessful hunter.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:31 PM

Default RE: Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group?

Yep I know a woman that bowhunts even. But her husband won't let her come hunting with me.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

when i first got into bowhunting(any hunting for that matter) i got a lot of great advice from bowhunting from my step mom. she grew up on a farm and bowhunted most of her life. she also used to shoot competition but does neither these days. any way this was my best source for an unbiased (sp) opinion on bowhunting. i still use these techniques to this day. i have yet to get my wife into it. although she supports my hunting wholeheatedly. any women who get into any outdoor activity all i have to say is welcome
Old 09-09-2005, 08:15 PM
Typical Buck

I haven't hunted with any women to this point simply because I've never been asked if they could come along or if I could teach them what I know. If I ever have a girl, you bet she's going to have every opportunity to make it out in the woods with me!
Old 09-09-2005, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree and if I get hungry I can get her to fetch me something to eat. I welcome all women into my woods. [X(]My momma is a good outdoors woman and if she saw me writing this I'd get knocked up side the head. Women rule!
Old 09-09-2005, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have no problems whatsoever with having women in my hunting group. I know of a few that hang out at the local archery range and I've learned quite a bit over the years from them.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:18 PM

I grew up wiht my mother who loved to hunt as much as myself.When I was 4 I can remeber my mother stalking a desert goat (wild) she stalked it for well over a mile before putting it down with a awell placed shot.This is one of my first memories as a child that I can remember.Some things stick with you a life time.I waqs so proud of her as she is with me when she asks how I am doing during bow season.She always has me email her pics of my bucks.She hangs them in her salon for all to see.My 11 yr old daughter wants a bow for X mas. Guess what she will be getting?I have taken my daughters hunting with me several times they love it.It doesnt mattter to me if a fellow hunter is a man or woman.I am proud to call them my huntin buddy either way.We are all a family that hunts and some of us who bow hunt are a closer family.Anyone who wants to bow hunt has my utmost respect and admirration.
So to your question I say yes I give acceptance to women.I have a woman on my contest team.I call her my good luck charm.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Wow buck gutter, first post and you have to bring up this subject. No, women aren't allowed on my hunting trips unless they are cooking, cleaning and serving cold beer.

Once I was forced to take my wife hunting and I tried everything to not take her. I even tried to leave an extra half hour earlier. As I was pulling out she jumped in apologize for waking up late. I was up set but determined not to let her presence ruin my hunt.

I set her up on a little ridge over looking a nice creek bed and then went on to my spot. Half the morning went by and then I heard a couple of shots. That ticked me off because I knew I would have to here about it all of the way home. As I walked down the hill, I heard her arguing with her screamingget away from my deer. I was thinking great all I need is a fight over a stupid deer on top of everything. That's when I heard the man say "Ok lady, just let me get the saddle off"
Old 09-09-2005, 08:20 PM

LMAOoooooooooo.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

She would be more then welcome to be the camp maid,you know,making breakfast at 4 in the morning,keeping the fire on,hot supper and serving beer to the guys while playing cards in the evening.Oh and most important always look good.
You all Know I'm only joking right

I would be more then happy to have a female hunt with me.I just wish my wife would be interested in it.She understands why I hunt,and has more then enough patience with me as season rools around
I truely think it would be better for the relationship if we spent time in the woods hanging stands together,scouting,practicing our archery skills together but I am only dreaming.She dosnt want to kill an animal,but will gladely eat it.
If I owned a camp,and a female hunter wanted to hunt and other guys were not interested in having a female present then they would know where the door is

I actually know one lady(my aunt) that farms and loves hunting(rifle) she knows everything about hunting and deer habbits.I ask her for advise sometimes.My uncle wont hunt with her much,she always shows him up

Quick Reply: Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.