Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group? >

Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group?

Old 09-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group?

what an awesome post!!

when i first started huntin' public land i wasn't taken seriously by a lot of the guys...one guy was even downright evil.....but most were supportive...i think it took a few years of always being out in the woods and being able to harvest a few nice critters before i was taken seriously....now most everyone knows me and they know how much i love hunting and being a hunter so i really don't have problems with anyone.
women seem to soak in everything because it's all new and exciting, we care about succeeding, and we alsohave a lot of patience which works in our favor...we're a rare breed butthankfully that's changing.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Dominant Buck

NOPE.... we're all gay.[8D][8D][8D] OK, so here's the deal. Many years ago, like 30 or 35, we made a rule, "No women and no drugson our hunting trips. If a guest showed up with either one he was told to take it back where he got it". Believe it or not, it's happened twice. A guy was invited and brought a girl. We threw him out. We figured it would keep us from doing silly things and also make our wifes happy. So, it's tradition....MEN ONLY. Besides that, our wifes would KILL US.[&:][&:] I have hunted with a couple women on a trip I won. It was fun, but that was someone elses camp, not ours. When in Rome and all that stuff. My wife just wouldn't understand me taking off to NY to hunt with another women every year.[:'(]
Old 09-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

ABSOLUTELY!
Old 09-10-2005, 09:27 PM
Typical Buck

Heck yea!!! Trixy visets our camp every night!

Just kidding!! Calm down Lady's. All kidding aside, women are as welcome as men in my camp. Most of the women hunters I have met have been great hunters. They don't seem to have that macho gotta kill something attitude. They seem to be very patient. A trait that men have a time with. Sometimes includeing myself.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

DEFINATELY! My wife and I go up north every year. She bowhunts and gunhunts. Been that way for about 20 years. BTW, she is very "woodsy" and GREAT at following blood trails. She can gut a deer, drag it, skin it and cut it up too. Our "camp" is old and rough with an outhouse. We usually have one other couple with us. Who needs privacy... when you've seen six you've seen them all (black, white, big, little, young and old) No problem. Just use whatcha got!
Old 09-11-2005, 12:25 PM
Dominant Buck

I'd share my pop-up with a nice warm lady any day ...
Old 09-11-2005, 01:36 PM

Welcome to the board! As a women, I can honestly and thankfully say that I have never had anyone be rude to me while hunting. Course...people tend to be nicer and more laid backfrom Wisconsin. I can acutally say that most men are jealous of the way my husband and I get along and love to hunt and fish together. Now if I could just get him into bowhunting....
Old 09-11-2005, 03:01 PM
cap

I'm a woman and have been hunting for 36 years, bowhunting for 6. I have taken deer every year but2 of those years. I have always loved the outdoors and have never had to many problems with guys in the woods. My husband used to hunt, but doesn't any more. He comes to help me drag my deer out of the woods. Now I hunt by myself and like it that way.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cap

Now I hunt by myself and like it that way.
ain't that the only way , lol.........welcome to the board.....

Old 09-12-2005, 06:40 AM

absolutely! and i have my 3 yr old girl watching hunting shows with me already. have to start them young, lol.

Quick Reply: Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.