Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group? >

Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group?

Old 09-10-2005, 06:48 AM

Default RE: Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group?

They would be more than welcome...I think it is a good idea to encourage anyone to take up the sport...I have a lil sis that is now 14 and have been taking her for the last 3 years and she is becoming quite the little hunter...I don't think we should discourage anyonefrom enjoying the outdoors..

Old 09-10-2005, 07:45 AM

I would not have a problem hunting with a woman.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:52 AM

No problem with women hunters in my group. My wife hunts and we go out together on a regular basis. Same goes for a good hunting buddy of mine, his wife hunts as well.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Depends on what they're wearin'
Old 09-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Might Mite

Depends on what they're wearin'
odds are that it would be camo, lol....probably big and baggy...........ruined that visual huh, lol.........
Old 09-10-2005, 02:35 PM

Absolutely! Women tend to view things differently than men, and they can sometimes come up with something I hadn't thought of.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

In my group, a female can join us for Bear hunting, bird hunting, or the bow season deer hunting. However, NO FEMALES are allowed during the gun season, at ourcamp, since we have the 1 bunkroom area, no bathroom, and thus no privacy.

That means my own sister who has taken 2 bears herself, cannot join me during the gun season.

But she's cool with that.

Currrently there is only one female that comes hunting during the fall bow season, and she has killed 2 bucks and 3-4 does in just three years, so she knows her stuff!

Old 09-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I raised both my daughters to hunt and they haven't given it up yet ,not even for boys.
Key word "Yet", Lol. Iv done skeet shooting with my uncles friend who was a lady before. It was me,her,her brother, and my Uncle. We had her shootin Lee Enfields, 12 gauges, pistols, .22's the works. She liked it i think. I would love to go hunting with a lady and show them what its like.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:47 PM
Typical Buck

WOW, what a great first post, and welcome to the site...

Females are welcome in any group I hunt with .... My wife is a avid and accomplished bowhunter and so are most of her women friends... I started hunting with my Mom 26 years ago when I was little, she taught me alot about hunting . I have two daughters one 14 and one that is 7 and both love to hunt, my wife and some of her friends have been in a popular hunting magazine with one of there group all female hog hunts in South Texas. I have no problem giving hunting tips and help to a female hunter and neither does my wife....they are always welcome as far as I'm concerned..
Old 09-10-2005, 06:40 PM

hmm male or female black or white thats not important to me I'm more concerned with ethics and how they treat others i wont let some moron who cant live buy the rules in my camp and i wont go to anyones camp who puts up with people like that as hunters fishers and sportsman or sportswoman we have to set an example for the next generation we also have to hold our selfs to a higher standard because we are being critiqued by the antis looking for ammo to destroy the sport we enjoy so much as far as teaching or helping new folks get into the sport im all for it i hope as new folks get started they take the time to enjoy the sights sounds and smells of the great outdoors i for one try to learn a few new things every year i am also very willing to share what i have learned with anyone who would like to know

Quick Reply: Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.