Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group? >

Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group?

Old 09-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group?

lmao at field mouse. Seriously I would have no problems having a woman hunting with me. More people to drive the deer (just kidding). I hunted with my cousin which was a female and she taught me some real good lessons.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

We have no problem at all letting women hunt in our group...

..specially if they are attractive.

Sorry, the chauvinist pig in me reared its ugly head.

Seriously though, we already have two women that hunt with us and nobody had an issue with it. My wife even accompanied us on a trip or two several years back.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:49 PM

I raised both my daughters to hunt and they haven't given it up yet ,not even for boys.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:04 PM

ofcourse they are wellcome to my hunting group, as long as they're not mine or my friends wives hahaha

[/align]
Old 09-09-2005, 09:21 PM

Thought I would add to this thread. Very interesting by the way....

Growing up my father, brothers, uncles & grandfather all hunted. Not once was I ever asked if I was interested in hunting. It just was not a woman thing. I've always preferred sitting with the guys when they were talking hunting and fishing - it's much more interesting than the latest fashions and childrearing advice. So after buying some land out in the country I've decided to give hunting a try. I've learned everything all on my own. I've read books and watched hunting programs on TV. I'm a pretty good shot and I know my way around the woods. I can track and read the signs, the wind and the weather.

In the woods now my brothers and one uncle have no problem with me hunting with them. My grandfather is now gone and my father only fishes. I've met other male hunters in the woods and they all look at me funny. I can tell some of them don't want me there while others treat me just the same as a guy. I think some of the problem is that some guys think they will be out-hunted. It's a silly way to think if you ask me. LOL I've always wanted to be one of the guys though - you know, going to camp and having fun drinking, burping, farting and carrying on. I guess I'm a tomboy at heart. Don't get me wrong though - I'm still all woman when the time calls for it.

P.S. Hey Illinois... Thank you

Old 09-09-2005, 09:29 PM
Typical Buck

Absolutely! My fiancee asked me if she could go along to watch me shoot the archery the day after our first date...lol After that, she asked me to help her pick out a bow. She went bowhunting a year later for the first time and was unable to connect. Two years ago she rolled her truck and ended up with broken collar bone, and then eight months later had to have shoulder surgery because of the wreck as well. Well....this year she's back, and very excited about being able to get out hunting again. My daughter will be 10 in a week,and she's been shooting for 3 years now.
My mom never bow hunted, but she always went rifle hunting, and she was damn fine shot too. I remember watching her put four .30-06 rounds in the boiler room of a 135" 9 pt. on a drive when I was eight years old....I thought "WOW.....girls can shoot too!" haha
I think the jump in numbers of women in hunting and the shooting sports is fantastic, and it will help prove some to the ANTI's that it's not just a bunch of "knuckle-dragging, cave dwellers" haha
Old 09-10-2005, 02:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes especially if they have big boobs. My wife hunted at one time. But she got tired of dragging out my deer. HONEST
Old 09-10-2005, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife will rifle hunt and usually takes at least one or twoa year doing so.

A women in my camp, very welcome and there are always a few floating around (it's a big multiple family lease).
A women in my isolated camp? my wife wouldn't care for that too much (she's kinda possesive)
Old 09-10-2005, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would love to have woman to hunt with I always said the more the better in the deer woods. But my wife has a problem with me going off in the woods with another woman. I guess it kind of reminds her of when we used to go into the woods before we got married. I have had woman ask if I could teach them but the wife would never allow it. I do hunt with my sister once in a while thats ok with the wife. But again I wish I could but to save the home front I don't. Welcome to the sight and an excellent first post. Good luck Mike
Old 09-10-2005, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

if someone wold have a problem with me hunting, i would be out there every fricking second i could be....wait, i already do that, lol.......i hunt the same public lands every year, when i first started i got harrassed a bit...the one time while checking in the game warden asked if i was really hunting, lol...i told him no, i was there to meet guys, being the smart butt that i am...lol...after the word got out that i do all without my husband, i got a lil more respect, but no one has ever been down right rude...now they just say, where are you hunting, lol...guys i don't even know know me, it's kinda creepy, but i wouldn't have it any other way...

Quick Reply: Women Hunters: Are they welcomed into your group?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.