Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds. w/ Slick Trick Broadhead - Photos >

525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds. w/ Slick Trick Broadhead - Photos

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds. w/ Slick Trick Broadhead - Photos

Old 09-13-2005, 09:20 AM

Default RE: 525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds. w/ Slick Trick Broadhead - Photos

Now this is gettin fun. Lets have a quick inventory of the guns in the cabinets???
Old 09-13-2005, 12:32 PM

Default RE: 525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds. w/ Spitfie Broadhead - Photos

Antlerchaser
That's also a very nice bear your cousin took. But would you say the pic is just a little staged with the camera angle being from close to the ground and your cousin positioned several feet behind the bearor is that just my incorrect observation?

Also wondering about your comment of being a true 500 + bear... Are you implying anything by that? If so I'm wondering if you'd be interested in the wager I offered BearGuy? gg.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:37 PM

Double Creek
The wager I offered to BearGuy is available to you too if you have confidence in your ability to judge size and weight from a photograph.

If I could get some takers here I'll have to buy another safe. gg
Old 09-13-2005, 12:53 PM

Surely those aren't the only pictures he took of a 500lb bear? All I'm saying is post some pics that look like a 500lb bear...... I'm just being honest, the bear doesn't even look to weigh 300lbs to me......... I'm no expert, but I have killed a bear and I've been around 4-5 that were killed........

We need more pics from different angles........

BTW, a 500lb bear is a HUGE animal........ The pic antlereater posted more closely represents the actual appearance of a 500lb bear more so than your son's pics.....
Old 09-13-2005, 02:34 PM

Doublecreek

There are no photos of the bear before it was field dressed. So the stomach and rump are relaxed and flattened. There are no staged photos taken low down with the bear out in front and the hunter several feet behind as is often the way photos are taken to make the animal look bigger than it is in relation to the hunter etc. My son is not a small man - he weighs 230. Does the photo of the bear hanging on page 3 help you any? Several of the American hunters present took photos and my son is expecting copies. If any of those make the bear look bigger I'll post them. The size/weight of the bear can be confirmed by contacting Buck Lake Outfitters http://www.bucklakeoutfitters.com Finally, why would we lie about the size/weight? All the other hunters who were present and the Outfitter know what it weighed. It makes no sense.I'm quite serious about the wager offer if anyone wants to take me up on. That's how confident I am. gg.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:17 PM

Goodguy,

I'm not saying the bear didn't weigh 525 lbs....... I'm just saying the pics don't do the bear ANY justice.....
Old 09-13-2005, 03:33 PM

Goodguy,
I don't think you would be too interested in anything I have in my gun cabinet,,,I only bowhunt. And it appears that I am not the only one here that is less than confident that you grandson's bear is less than claimed to be. It is a nice bear, that has been established, and it is very difficult to tell the size of a bear from a photograph. But how about the skull measurements, or how about the square of the bear, or a chestmeasurement for a better understanding on the size of it?
And here is another pic of a bear that was just shy of #375.Looks bigger,than that to some people and not to others.Bears are one the the toughest creatures to judge size on, and without measurements like the square and the skull measurements it is hard to tell from a pic.

Old 09-13-2005, 05:04 PM

Good-Guy , LOL , bad choice of words , I meant no ill towards your grandsons bear but after reading how I posted that , I would think the same thing . I was strictly referring to this peticular bear only . Anyways , the pic is one I had on file for some reason and is not my cousins bear , still working on the scanning thing . The pic I posted could very well have been embelished but there is very little doubt about the size minus the hunter in the pic .

again , was the bear weighed before being field dressed or after ? AC
Old 09-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live in PA and I seen loads of Cubs, 100, 200, 300,400,500, and even some 700 pound Bears and the check in station during Bear season. The bear in your picture doesn't look like a 500plus bear to me. If someone was to ask me the size of your bear from the picture I would say maybe 275 to 300 pounds. BUT!!!!!!!! PICTURES CAN BE DECIEVING and I see no reason for you to lie about the weight. That is a great bear and I congratulate youand your family, you must be a proud man. GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-14-2005, 05:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds. w/ Spitfie Broadhead - Photos

ORIGINAL: antlerchaser

Here is a true 500 + bear .

WOW!! now that LOOKS like a 500 pd bear

Quick Reply: 525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds. w/ Slick Trick Broadhead - Photos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.