Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds. w/ Slick Trick Broadhead - Photos >

525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds. w/ Slick Trick Broadhead - Photos

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds. w/ Slick Trick Broadhead - Photos

Old 09-12-2005, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds. w/ Slick Trick Broadhead - Photos

Goodguy!

Regardless of of what some might feel ,I think the bear is absolutely great ,I only wish that when I was up with TerryM on a 2 day hunt that I was as lucky as your son .I would have been satisfied with a 125lbr myself .But anyway's the bear look's great and congrat's to your son.

Bearguy!

now there's a challenge for ya ,it's time to up the ante if you feel as strongly about the weight of this bear ,I'm looking forward to your next post .LOL
We all know that you can't weigh a bear by his pic.

nubo
Old 09-12-2005, 06:29 PM

Antlerchaser
I sent your question to my son and he replied as follows:

The bear was weighed approximately 2 hours after the kill. Bears are prime, some more so than others. Collectively we harvested 10 bears last week and all the ones I saw had good fur. You'd think with all warm weather we've had they wouldn't be but I'm told that's not a factor as they fatten and fur up for hibernation. Al

gg.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:23 PM

I believe it is the photosythisis (sp) or photopiriodism that dictates the fur thickness more than the temps like you were getting at . The pics of the bears on my camera look pretty thin but season is in here .

I guess what I was getting at was wether the bear was weighed before it was field dressed or after .

Do you think they will ever bring back the spring bear hunt in Ontario ?
Old 09-12-2005, 07:36 PM

Antlerchaser

I sent son an e-mail and asked that question. WhenI get his reply I'll post it. gg.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds. w/ Spitfie Broadhead - Photos

Would of been a hell of a hunt.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:25 PM

AC,
Just curious what photosynthesis has to do with anything in the animal kingdom......besides the production of oxygen that we breathe as a byproduct? CO2 + H2O ---C6H12O6 + O2 And, Photoperiodism, thats how long plants have for active growth during the day??? Both of these terms deal with plant processes, not animal......unless I totally missed the boat in Intro. to Biologyclass. Maybe there intimately linked on a cellular level I'm not aware of??????

Nice Bears.....I saw my first wild one in Utahlast week....pretty exciting.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:44 AM

4Buck,

Photopiriodism is the ratio of daylight to nighttime and in the fall , the days get shorter and the nights longer and this is what they agree on is the factoer that regulates fur density . It so happens that with less daylight as well as other factors cause the murcury to drop as well thus the thinking that it is hot versus cold that dictates density but there are places down south where it stays warm in winter yet fur is of good quality for trapping . You can do a google on it and learn more if you wish . AC
Old 09-13-2005, 07:26 AM

Here is a true 500 + bear .

Old 09-13-2005, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

Any bear taken with a bow is a good kill and something to be proud of. Thanks for sharing it with us and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Old 09-13-2005, 08:42 AM

I will also say that the bear in question does not appear to be a 500# bear....... I'm not saying he wasn't, but the pic definitely doesn't look 500lbs...... 300 maybe..........

Quick Reply: 525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds. w/ Slick Trick Broadhead - Photos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.