Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds. w/ Slick Trick Broadhead - Photos >

525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds. w/ Slick Trick Broadhead - Photos

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds. w/ Slick Trick Broadhead - Photos

Old 09-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds. w/ Slick Trick Broadhead - Photos

Congrats on the blackie! He looks like a dandy!
Old 09-11-2005, 10:53 AM

Great bear,I will be doing good to take a bear the size of you let alone one like yours.lol
Old 09-11-2005, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

Ihad the SAME thought.... whenI first saw itI was like " NO way that bear is 525 "but I have no reason NOT to believe anyone on here, and photos can be deceiving thats for sure. I dont care if that bear weighs 5 pounds or 1005 pounds, hes a great trophy and i say congratulations to you.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Goodguy !
I'm jealous! I just spent a couple of days myself this week and had an enormous sow come in with a cub. I have been bear hunting for many years and seen and shot quite a few and I guarantee that sow was over 350 lbs. Oh well maybe next year. We hunted WMU 49 near Dunchurch, where did you hunt ? Congratulations, thats a monster

As to those that doubt the size of that bear, remember guys these are fall bears, they are packing considerably more weight and fat than spring ones. And as already said the picture is honest not staged to make it look larger by standing 3 ft behind like in the magazines. MAN i'm jealous
Old 09-11-2005, 06:01 PM

As posted on the Big Game Huntin Fourm, I just don't believe that your bear, which is a very nice bear...good sized head, has the body and the fat of a 525# bear. Sorry, just my observation.
I have included a picture of 3 nice bears taken this fall, they went 350#, 350# and 340#. Skull measurements...green of course, were 19", 18 14/16", and 19 4/16. Yes these pictues are staged, as yours is, and they are sitting on their bear's rump roast, oh which is very tasty by the way . Anyway thought if for nothing else that people might like to see this picture. Oh, and the far right bear was stalked in a clear cut eating berries. He had a 10 yard shot and the bear only went about 40 yards.And the young man has it all on video, his father taped the stalk.
Congrats on your fine bear.

Old 09-11-2005, 06:07 PM

Default RE: 525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds. w/ Spitfie Broadhead - Photos

GREAT SIZE CONGRATULATIONS, HOPE I HAVE MINE SOON!
Old 09-11-2005, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:51 PM

I think I will hold off on those glasses , my eyes are fine .
Old 09-11-2005, 09:23 PM

TerryM
Maybe I wasn't as clear as I should have been in the original post but the photos of the bowman & the 2 young lads are those of my son and grandsons. I posted the pics and my son's account of the hunt on his behalf.

The bear was arrowed in Unit 49 about 20 km. S.E. of Huntsville on our 450 acre hunting property ( www.huntsvilledeer.funtigo.com ). And you're correct these pictures are not staged which would have been very easy to do - like the fisherman with the big fish - we've all seen them. Iwould admire anyone who could actually look at a photo of a bear and determine its weight from the photo. Good luck on your future hunts.

BearGuy
In reply to your quotes:
"As posted on the Big Game Huntin Fourm, I just don't believe that your bear, which is a very nice bear...good sized head, has the body and the fat of a 525# bear. Sorry, just my observation." and "Yes these pictues are staged, as yours is"

The bear weighed 525 lbs. This can be verified by anyone of the three proprieters of Buck Lake Outfittershttp://www.bucklakeoutfitters.com
[ul][*]Pete Allen: 1-(705)-685-1336[*]Ron Stinson: 1-(705)-685-7324[*]Gary Stinson: 1-(705)-685-7018[/ul]

or anyone of half a dozen American hunters who were present when the bear was weighed. I would certainly agree with you that your bear pics are staged but not sure why you'd say my son's were. But I'll tell you what. I'll make you a friendly wager - your pick from my gun cabinet against my pick from your gun cabinet - that the bear weighed 525 lbs. as stated (or within a couple of lbs either way for scale error). Verification can be made by the outfitters I named above, the U.S. witnesses present when weighed, the weight of the butchered meat, the size of the rug when tanned and the skull measurements. So how about it? How strongly do you believe my son's bear won't make it past 350 lbs. as you stated in the "Big Game Forum"

I've added another pic here which might help you decide on whether or not to accept my wager. The bear on the extreme right is the one my grandson is helping to skin in the other photo which weighed just over 200 lb. The one on the extreme left and closest to the camera was around 350 lbs. The one in the middle is my son's 525 pounder. By the way your 350 pounders are pretty nice bears also. gg.

Old 09-11-2005, 09:49 PM

GoodGuy , At what point was it weighed ? I have a photo of a 500 # bear my cousin shot in NM and I will try to get it scanned and posted tomorrow . How is the fur on the bears right now there ? AC

Quick Reply: 525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds. w/ Slick Trick Broadhead - Photos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.