Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is this animal?  Game cam pic >

What is this animal? Game cam pic

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is this animal? Game cam pic

Old 11-05-2005, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What is this animal? Game cam pic

I dont think there is enough spots or lines on it to be a bobcat. I think it is a mountain lion. The reason why the tail looks short is I think it is to the left side of the cat. Like the tail is swaying. The body looks too long to be a bobcat or a Lynx.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:49 PM

a bobcat for sure...if you compare the mineral block to the size of the animal it is a small animal def a bobcat with a mountain lion it is gonna be a lot taller 5-6ft bobcat are only 3-4ft or so long
Old 11-11-2005, 09:36 PM

Bobcat.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:45 PM

Bobcat.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:50 AM

yea i would have to say that its a bobcat b/c it looks like the one i shot last year and it might just be the angle of the pic making it not look like one in ways
Old 11-15-2005, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Whatever it is, if it lives as long as this post, it'll be Lion size, by the time it dies.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:45 AM

Looks like an Asian Puma..

Stay out of them there woods or you'll be eaten!
Old 11-15-2005, 03:48 PM

A young Cougar!!!

Old 11-15-2005, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

DEFINITELY a bobcat....had this same discussion about my own trail camera picture taken IN CENTRAL PA a few months ago, the cat looks exactly the same. I even took the picture to a game warden and a biologist for the game commission who both verified that it was a BOBCAT. If you need further proof, go to any taxidermist in Central PA and ask to see pictures of Bobcat mounts taken in PA, they will look exactly the same as your kitty does in the picture.

Old 11-27-2005, 08:08 PM

I saw an animal similar to this in northern lower Michigan while deer hunting in November a few years back. It had the fur of a cougar no spots redish tan in color very short bob tail unlike a bobcat or cougar.It's weight was in it's chest built like a rottweiler dog. Much thicker than any bobcat I have ever seen in picture or alive.For hoursI listened toblood curdeling moans andscreams coming from a thickcrick bottomlined with beaver ponds. Then it came prowling out of the crick bottom climbingwindfalls like an acrobat. It was near noonon a sunny dayso there was no lighting issue.I have shotbobcats before andhave one mounted on my wall thiswas not a bobcat. For years I haveresearched this trying to figure out what this was. This picture is as close to what I saw as anything I have found to date. What it was I haven't a clue. Sothere you go we're both nuts yuk itup ya hardons.

Quick Reply: What is this animal? Game cam pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.