Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is this animal?  Game cam pic >

What is this animal? Game cam pic

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is this animal? Game cam pic

Old 09-12-2005, 08:12 PM

Default RE: What is this animal? Game cam pic

everyone can clearly see that this is a bobcat and the first pic is a Mt lion!!!!! this little thing couldn't hurt a fly.

Old 09-12-2005, 08:15 PM

page 19can it make 20? heres a good pick of one of them huge Mt lions

Old 09-12-2005, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

First I'd like to say that when you put the image into a program to edit it, there are no spots on the animal. They are the pixels missing in the picture.

My vote being the expert that I am goes to Buck Gerbil.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:55 PM

yeah hands down thats a bobcat..we have a few in our area where i hunt..its a big one..
Old 09-12-2005, 11:47 PM

Bobcat is my vote!
Old 09-13-2005, 12:36 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: BOWFANATIC

We need one of those emoticons with the guy smashing his head against a brick wall.
Ask and you shall receive.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:50 AM
Site Bouncer

How bout these?

Old 09-13-2005, 05:26 AM

OK, its time to put an end to this lunacy. I can't believe all you guys call yourself hunters! I think I've read thru every post, and so far every one of you has been wrong in naming what animal it is. BTW, Hazcon7's blowup on page 9is a real help in figuring this one out.

There are two things in the pic that seem to be throwing everyone for a loop. The first is the front shoulder. It looks like a big muscular catshoulder. Wrong! What is really there is a wooden post or log, about two feet high anda fewinches round. The second thing is the face and mouth. At first glance it looks just like a mountain lion mouth. Wrong! When you look closer, you will see that you really can't seethe mouthat all. There is a big brassica leaf in front of it. It's the reflection off of the leaf that looks like a cougar's mouth.

So what is the animal? Itsa critterthats very common in Pennsylvania. In the winter, its a hairy bastard. In the spring when it sheds or if it has the mange, it can be nearly hairless. Yep, its a red fox. I've seen many foxes in the spring with hairless tails, and its not uncommon for a foxes' tail to get chewed a little short. The real giveaway, however, is in the portion of the face that you CAN see. On the lower jaw, below the eyes/ears and to the left of the brassica leaf, you can make out the white beard/neck of the red fox. Again, and this is real important, DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE POST AND THE LEAF!

Now I think I know why there are so many cougar sightings in PA.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Olink

Yep, its a red fox. I've seen many foxes in the spring with hairless tails, and its not uncommon for a foxes' tail to get chewed a little short. The real giveaway, however, is in the portion of the face that you CAN see. On the lower jaw, below the eyes/ears and to the left of the brassica leaf, you can make out the white beard/neck of the red fox. Again, and this is real important, DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE POST AND THE LEAF!

Now I think I know why there are so many cougar sightings in PA.

oh my God
please say youre kidding
Old 09-13-2005, 06:58 AM

Will somebody please go and kill that damn animal! That's what its gonna take to end this thread. I tell myself I won't revisit this thread, then I see there are new posts and its' like I can't help myself. This thing could end up being more of a problem than crack

Quick Reply: What is this animal? Game cam pic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.