HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What is this animal? Game cam pic (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/111983-what-animal-game-cam-pic.html)

kshunter 09-09-2005 06:37 AM

RE: What is this animal? Game cam pic

I'm seriously confused as to how any of you can make that out to be a mountain lion.
The funny thing is. Many many people claim tosee Mountian Lions here in Kansas, every year. Even though I beleive there are a very few amount here, non-ever officially killed, most "possible" sitings are people thinking that they saw a mountain lion, when in reality, they saw a bobcat, house-cat, or dog. And this post says just that. Anybody that hasany understanding on what a bobcat looks like vs. a cougar, could easily identify it at a bobcat. No doubt... There is not one characteristic with that picture, than can tie it to being a cougar. I've seen plenty of cats, that are still plenty bigger than that one. There's nothing strange about that bobby. Just my 2 cents

livbucks 09-09-2005 06:54 AM

Come on now.....BOBCAT!

JeffB 09-09-2005 07:13 AM

I think it's a Bobcat too...

However I'm gonna say

"ABSOLUTELY NO FRIGGIN WAY IT"S ANYTHING BUT A MOUNTAIN LION AND A DAMN BIG ONE TOO, AND ANYONE WHO CANNOT SEE THAT IS AN IDIOT"

just to get another 11 pages on this thread

post away boys and girls

rile1564 09-09-2005 07:14 AM

My vote goes towards Cougar. Because all of the body screams Cougar except the tail. The tail looks to be swinging to the side. Since it is hard to tell depth in a picture, a long tail will appear short when it swings to the side, away from the camera.

huntinwv 09-09-2005 07:22 AM

ORIGINAL: ShadowAce

ORIGINAL: huntinwv

Cross Breeding??????
Only the ones who think it's a cougar.[:-]

LMAO!!! :)

huntnma 09-09-2005 07:40 AM

ORIGINAL: HAZCON7

look at the ears...it has spots on the inside of it's legs, now i've only seen one florida panther, so i could be wrong , but i didnt think those big cats like the cougar had spots...also i'm looking at the bobcat on my wall, it's ears are more rounded than pointy , it has the white dot on the ear and the black tip, once again , signs of a bobcat.....and it has white around the bottom of his mouth like the one in the pic.....it's screaming BOBCAT;)

finner 09-09-2005 07:46 AM

cougars/mountain lions dont have spots on there body, and dont have black tips on the tops of their ears, and are much much bigger than this guy......

Why are you guys trying to turn a kitty into a BIG cat?.....lol

ranchand99 09-09-2005 08:23 AM

He's sneezing,got something in his mouth or,he's coughing up a hairball,and that's why his face looks like that!:DBobcat,bobcat,bobcat.[8D]

Greg / MO 09-09-2005 08:56 AM

At least the last eight or nine posts are restoring my faith in this bunch! Whoever recommended spending some time in front of the Discovery channel, I couldn't have said it better!!!

CG 09-09-2005 09:48 AM

I hunt both, have had many close encounters with both and TRUST ME!!!!! THIS IS A BOBCAT!!!!!