Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shot taken on Limbsavers Outdoor America this week >

Shot taken on Limbsavers Outdoor America this week

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot taken on Limbsavers Outdoor America this week

Old 09-03-2005, 06:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default Shot taken on Limbsavers Outdoor America this week

Did anyone else here see the shot with his muzzleloaderthat the guy took on the buck in my home state of Ohio this week on Limbsavers Outdoor America this week? Thebuck was facing directlyaway from the camera and when he shot he hit it high in the rear end. When I saw it, I thought man I hope that the hunter wasn't with the camera man. But after theyrecovered the deer, the guy said that he was actually taking thecompletely facing away shot. He said " I hit it a little lower that I wanted. I was actually aiming for the base of his neck!!" Boy was that shot the topic of conversation amongst the hunters at work the next day. I was really suprised that they aired that shot. I only bowhunt and have since I was a kid, and that just isn't a shot that I would ever take. Maybe I might ruffle some feathers to people that think that shot is OK, but I sure wouldn't take it ,and all the guys I talked to wouldn't either. Just my opinion, but I wasn't impressed. I e-mailed Steve Gruber, the host and producer of the show. I wasn't a jerk about it, and wrote him very respectfully. I am anxious to see if he replies. It just didn't look real good to me.Did any one else see it and feel the same way?
Old 09-03-2005, 06:34 PM

Default RE: Shot taken on Limbsavers Outdoor America this week

I really don't like to criticize people for taking a bad shot, because hey, it happens. But you see it more and more on TV these days, guys taking terrible shots. I really liked the one they had on Drury(whitetail madness 8 i think?) where the guy hit the deer in the hindquarters with an arrow by mistake. But when they have guys saying they purposely hit the deer in those bad places, I think they should be taken out and beaten with their bow/gun.

slayer
Old 09-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

But after theyrecovered the deer, the guy said that he was actually taking thecompletely facing away shot.
What the he... is that? I have never heard of the "facing away shot". Quartering away...yes but "facing away'? Sounds like somebody had to tape a kill shot to meet the quota and took anything he could get.

I didn't see the show but that is really sad.
Old 09-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

FYI . . . it's called a Texas Heart Shot.

I don't criticize them either . . . I worry more about the shots I take meeting my standards.
Old 09-03-2005, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought a texas heart shot was facing directly towards you and you aim for the chest?
Old 09-03-2005, 07:03 PM

Nope, Texas heart shot, facing directly away, right in the b--- h---.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:52 PM

Regardless they put a ethically crappy hunter on NATIONAL TELEVISION for all the anti's to see. Not good for the sport we work so hard to preserve and look forward to each year. I too have takenwhat I thought was bad shot's. Lucky for me the animal dropped or went maybe 20yds. On the property I hunt, we police our own. we've banned 3 people not only from the ranch but from the county. Co-op's work!
Old 09-03-2005, 08:10 PM

I would rather see a rerun instead of a dumb person taking a shot like that.Doesnt say much for the producer of the show.But I guess they will show anything if the buck is a big one.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:28 PM

I have seen an increase in bad shots on hunting shows and videos in the last few years and I believe it can be attributed to the popularity of the shows. They probably have always had bad shots on film but none ever made it into final production. It seems in the endless pursuit of hunting footage to sell, nothing ends up on the cutting room floor. They simply half to produce most of everything they record. It's more minutes for the show. Just my .02
Old 09-03-2005, 09:44 PM

Please read as banned from any ranch in the county per vote of the co-op.

Quick Reply: Shot taken on Limbsavers Outdoor America this week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.