HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   mechanical,cut on contact or fixed blade (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/111274-mechanical-cut-contact-fixed-blade.html)

goldtip46 09-01-2005 08:01 PM

mechanical,cut on contact or fixed blade

which do you thinkis the most superior of each type--as far as flight,durability and blood trail.

Tree climber 09-01-2005 08:46 PM

RE: mechanical,cut on contact or fixed blade

I guess it's sorta like ; Toyota ; Ford ; Chevy ; and Dodge. whta every you like your self.everyone has there preference.

I like expandable. NAP spit fire pro.

uphunter15 09-01-2005 09:20 PM

I like the Rocky Mountain Snyper. With the two blade mechanical and the cut on contact tip one hell of an entry wound is made and the blood trail is like none I have ever seen!!!!

Bowfreak4life 09-01-2005 09:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Tree climber

I guess it's sorta like ; Toyota ; Ford ; Chevy ; and Dodge. whta every you like your self.everyone has there preference.
I agree,, it's all personal preference,, I like to use Muzzys but thats me,

aeroslinger 09-01-2005 10:07 PM

Spit Fires for me but I'm sure others are good also.

BigJ71 09-01-2005 10:25 PM

I also believe it's personal preference. I think as long as you buy a quality broadhead (expandable or fixed) you will be fine. With broadheads like those (quality)as long as you do your job, they will do theirs.

PABowhntr 09-02-2005 06:24 AM

My opinion, I would probably have to say some of the shorter replacement blade heads on the market. Mechanicals are great for accuracy out of any bow but you really have to know your KE levels in order to gauge how effect they are going to be for you. Because of this I would not recomment them for everyone. Cut on contact heads are excellent penetrators but their large surface area makes them much more finicky to tune. Traditional replacement blade heads like Muzzys and T-heads are also very good but can suffer from some of the same issues as the Cut on contact heads.

Just my two cents but in general I do agree that it can boil down to personal preference in many cases.

Bird Hunt Dog 09-02-2005 09:07 AM

Mechanicals work very well, but I've been a Muzzy man from almost day one. I've tried other heads but not many can hang with the Muzzy for penetration. There just plain and simply THOUGH mothers!!!!;):D

BGfisher 09-02-2005 01:40 PM

If the blades are SHARP and the arrowis flying true it really doesn't make a difference in anything over about a 50# bow. Deer sized game.

Patriot15 09-02-2005 03:29 PM

Spitfires for me but I also like muzzys