Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The "I Wounded One" Threads >

The "I Wounded One" Threads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The "I Wounded One" Threads

Old 09-01-2005, 01:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default The "I Wounded One" Threads

I can't wait till these come popping up every five minutes!Please read the recovery thread and PRACTICE with your equipment before you even think about hunting!
Old 09-01-2005, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The "I Wounded One" Threads

I know what you're saying but even with practice and good tracking skills eventually you're going to lose one.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:53 PM

It's coming. In another month I'll dread even coming here.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

This is one thread I won't look forward to reading,, Lets all be careful and remember,,, Pratice makes permanent,,,,,
Old 09-01-2005, 02:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Shoot only to your ability.Be honest with your self. Only high percentage shots.Broadside and slightly quartering away. I got sick of seeing the post last year about forward shots quarting to shots and them all famous 50 and 60 yard shots.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:42 PM
Typical Buck

Cardeer and others,

Even though I completely agree with what you said, there are plenty of people out there that bust their butts practicing all summer with field tips and then practice with their bh's, take shots they feel 100% comfortable with and still put a bad shot on an animal. That's hunting.

Now what makes me sick are the endless posts from people who think that their shiat don't stink and they believe that they are superior to everyone else when those types of posts come up. People obviously take shots that they shouldn't nor should most archers out there...then yes I think those people deserve what they get. But everyone keep in mind! Don't jump to conclusions and help if you can when someone obviously needs some educated help by those who probably have been out in the woods a little bit longer than another.

One thing I'd like to add....on those posts where people post ideas to help track or retrieve an animal, is that information something that all of these people have read in a magazine or is it something that they have had happen to them, so they are experienced in it?? I bet the 2nd scenario.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:43 PM
New Sheriff

I don't understand why people even post those threads.

I've never wounded a deer without recovering it.

At least not that yall know of...
Old 09-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Typical Buck

Yes it is hunting and it does happen. We'll see what you think when you start see thread upon thread of "I wounded one". Allot of the time its not the guy that just had bad luck. Its the guy that took a bad shot or didn't follow the right steps in tracking.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:57 PM
Typical Buck

I've been on this board for probably about 4 years now(a couple diff user names. I get bored with one and change it.) to have witnessed just about every "I lost one" post that there is. Some are terrible in regards to how they lost the animal, etc.... But there have been so many where people posting just take this stance that they have never lost one...never could...never would.....and it's beyond belief that it has happened. That's flat out BS and we all know it. I suppose that's what one gets with a regional hunting message board where most don't know one person from another other than what we post.

I did learn one thing early on from posting on here....if I ever lose one, I sure as heck aren't going to post it asking questions from people here on what to do. I'm not saying that most of you aren't good people and won't give me good pointers, but I'm not about to put myself out there on a public pedistal to get ridiculed by a few hiding behind a keyboard.

My two cents. Take them as you wish.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:08 PM

please dont even post it on here if you cant find your game just learn your lesson and fix the problem

Quick Reply: The "I Wounded One" Threads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.