Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NO GAS DAY

Old 09-02-2005, 06:17 AM

Default RE: NO GAS DAY

ok im not done what really get me is people who hate when some one is succesfull the amarican dream was to become wealthy or at least provide a good lifestyle for you and your familly if a company makes millions or billions because of smart decissions the execs have made there supposed to or they would be fired of course the more a company maked the more research they can do the more people they can hire the more dividends they can pay i was fairly wealthy when i got married then due to some unseen problems i lost it all but i know how to do it again and in a few years ill be there again i have theory that people who are poor are that way because they make decissions that keep them that way i force myself to save 20 cents from every dollar i make it grows slowlly at first but compound interest and dividends from my stocks it keeps growing it wont be long ill be right back where i was soon ill be buyibg some rentall homes and not owe much at all then ill be one of those people everyone hates the wealthy
Old 09-02-2005, 06:29 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Pa Trophy Man

There isno sensein drilling in Alaska, geologists have shown evidence that there would be no more than Six months worth of usable oil and the majority of it is in such remote areas that it is almost inaccessible. If they spent the time and effort to get at what oil is there, the cost would deffinetly outway the benefit. I believe it was the owners of Texaco companies, that outright admitted they made $94 billon in net profit in 04'. Oil, is becoming tougher to obtain but not to the tune of $94 billon dollars. They are just taking advantage of the public and like idiots we just keep lining their pockets.
Wrong! That is taking the lowest estimates (which have always been wrong in the past).Also when they say only6 months supply, theyuseexclusive supply meaning no other oil is needed from anywhere else. That's a lot of oil.

It's the enviormental wackos who have use in this predicament. They block everything. Even without facts on their side. Were not allowed to drill in the Gulf for fear of an oil spill. Give me a break. Our platforms have proven up to the challenge. Remember they just went through a cat 5 hurrican and can you point to an oil spill?

I haven't and won't change my driving habits. I plan on consuming a truck load of gas this fall going to and from my hunting spots.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:51 AM

what we need is no gas MONTH!
Old 09-02-2005, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

What you all need is to get a Diesel hehe

Im currently in the process of building my own biodiesel factory at home, when I saw this web site. http://www.dieselsecret.com/Pretty cool if it works, and yes, I did spend the $40 to see if it works as they say, for .49 cents a gallon for diesel, sure I'll try it.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:39 AM
Typical Buck

The Bush family gets richer and so do all his freinds.

Jim
Old 09-02-2005, 08:47 AM

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

What you all need is to get a Diesel hehe

Im currently in the process of building my own biodiesel factory at home, when I saw this web site. http://www.dieselsecret.com/Pretty cool if it works, and yes, I did spend the $40 to see if it works as they say, for .49 cents a gallon for diesel, sure I'll try it.
Let us know if it works.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe (or hope) that something good will come out of this. You have to remember that we're not the only ones being effected by this. The auto industry is feeling the heat already. They make the majority of their money from the gas guzzlers (trucks , suv's , large luxury autos) and after speaking with someone who works at a local dealer , they are already feeling the hurt. The auto industry is a huge $$$ industry as well , my guess is that their already scrambling to offer an even better alternative (better than the ethenol burners) to the consumers. As of now , the only draw back to the ethenol burners , for me anyway , is the availability of the fuel (only one station 20 miles from here). This could/should be changing real soon if prices continue to climb as they have been and supply is limited.
It makes perfect business sense. You have one industry giant capitalizing on misfortune , it wont take long for another industry giant to capitalize by way of offering something that puts more money inour (consumers)pocket, butalso puts more money in their pocket.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fieldmouse,

Even if the estimates are wrong and its more than 6 months of oil, it still lies beneath frozen ground in some of the harshest my unholy ground on this earth. Its going to cost enourmous man-power to get at the oil and get it out of the backcountry- guess what thats gunna do....Drive the price up. Its simply not worth the trouble. If we are really in the crisis they say we are why are Oil companies making almost 100 billon in profits?? something doesn't add up, unless somebody is skimming money of the top
Old 09-02-2005, 01:46 PM
Site Bouncer

I haven't and won't change my driving habits. I plan on consuming a truck load of gas this fall going to and from my hunting spots.
I agree, I won't change my driving habits either.

Remember guys & gals there are people right now fighting for their very survival in the wake of Katrina. Do you think for one second they are worried about the price of gas?

We as a nation will get through this and anything else that is thrown at us. and I for one am not going to cry about a dollar or even two dollar increase in the gas prices.....remember it could be ALOT worse.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:08 PM

We can write all the letters and make all the phone calls we want. Action, not words, will help to turn this around. As soon as employers begin letting able-minded people to work from home (there are a LOT of white collar jobs where this is possible and even practiced every day), as soon as people begin car pooling whenever possible, and as soon as families cut out the unnecessary road trips and weekend trips, it'll hit 'em in the pocketbooks and THAT's when you'll see a change.
Threatening to stop buying gas won't do a thing. Changing our daily, gas-hoggish habits will. I'm not preaching to anybody, just telling you my thoughts on the matter...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.