HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Katrina RIPS LOUISIANA (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/111038-katrina-rips-louisiana.html)

JARED_LA 08-31-2005 07:47 AM

Katrina RIPS LOUISIANA

Sorry for posting in this section, but I think we should stop and take a minute to pray for all of the victims, families, the stranded, and everyone else who was affected by this massive storm. I have never seen anything like it. The water will not stop pouring into the Greater New Orleans Area. I was just west of the storm; therefore, was not affected (just high winds). The Red Cross are taking donations at this time. Thanks
Jared

zak123 08-31-2005 07:56 AM

RE: Katrina RIPS LOUISIANA

Everyonewho was affectedis in my thoughts and prayers. I will keep this simple and tell you that the eye hit a few miles west of me. Yea, its bad, real bad. Everyone I know lost their house. I have not seen mine yet, but I fear it is gone too.

And get this- this was the title of the paper Saturday:

Katrina will Dance Across the Coast

slicendice 08-31-2005 08:22 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you guys and everyone effected by the storm. It's just mind boggling to see the devistation on television, but I know it's 10 times worse to actually see it with your own eyes. I cannot imagine what the victims are going through.

I just have one thing to say though to those people I see looting on TV : "If you must loot, we will shoot!!"

Slice

Arthur P 08-31-2005 08:24 AM

I've been glued to the tube, looking at the footage coming from LA and MS. It's incredible stuff. Looks like what an F5 tornado did to my home town in '79, but stretched out for a hundred miles instead of just being one mile across like that twister was.[&:] I was able to replace all my stuff with better stuff, except those mementos and keepsakes that were irreplaceable.

Thank God you're both alive and kicking. Stay safe.

zak123 08-31-2005 08:29 AM

I'm alive, but I'm not kicking! :D

manuman 08-31-2005 08:36 AM

I will cetainly remember these folks in my prayers. If anyone knows of a way to send some contributions, then let me know where.

BOWFANATIC 08-31-2005 09:05 AM

What a nightmare!! I'm truly sorry for all those who have been devastated by that storm! My thoughts and prayers go out to all those effected by Katrina. They are gonna need alot of help.

BOWFANATIC 08-31-2005 09:08 AM

ORIGINAL: manuman

I will cetainly remember these folks in my prayers. If anyone knows of a way to send some contributions, then let me know where.
Your local Red Cross chapter should be taking donations already. They need stuff like food , blankets , bottled water , normal living essentials.

JeffB 08-31-2005 09:12 AM

My prayers are with you all...

Such abeautiful name for somethingthat caused so much devastation...:(

Bird Hunt Dog 08-31-2005 09:15 AM

My prayers are with everyone involved.