HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   My season is delayed!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/110189-my-season-delayed.html)

mobow 08-24-2005 07:14 PM

My season is delayed!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! This is aggravating! Long story short...I went to the orthopedic surgeon today because of some trouble I have been having with my knee. Well, low and behold.....they gotta scope it. This.........stinks. Season opens Sept. 15, and on Sept. 8 I get my knee scoped. Sounds like I should be back on my feet the following week though, so not too aweful bad.

MR.D 08-24-2005 07:24 PM

RE: My season is delayed!!!

Good luck and hope you have a speedy recovery.
By the way, in 1994I was recovering from a torn ligament in my right knee and was unable to walk that far on the second Saturday of our PA bow season.
My buddies felt sorry for me and let me take the treestand closest to the farmhouse where we were hunting.
Guess what? I killed a nice 8 pointer and they even drug it out for me because of my knee.
I hope you have the same luck I did.

Dubbya 08-24-2005 07:29 PM

Hey does this mean weget bonus points for having a guy on the DL?

WVBowhunter10 08-24-2005 08:49 PM

Hey keep your head. I work in the health field as a PT/AT. Do exactly as the doctor says and if you any questions just PM me and I will help you get back on your feet quick. All said though if it is just a basic scope you should be fairly good in a week or two. Good luck to you.

atlasman 08-24-2005 09:39 PM

No big deal man............You will be back on your feet in no time. Who knows??......it may even help you out seeing that if the stick is a little tender you may move slower and take more time and make less noise going to and from the stand right??

Dragging could be an issue though..........but that is ALWAYS a good problem to have ;)

Hope you have a speedy recovery

DoctorDeath 08-24-2005 09:42 PM

Man Mo ...that sux like an open chest wound ....

Roll Tide
DD

Trapper_Hunter 08-25-2005 06:36 AM

at least you wont be out too long

Angus74 08-25-2005 07:46 AM

Hey, hang in there, hope you get recovered in time to make it down to hunt this fall. Good luck with it and let us know how it goes.

PA Bow/Flinter 08-25-2005 08:54 AM

Hey good luck with that. Last year I had major surgury two weeks before opening day of PA rifle. Needless to say I was in my stand at day break. I barely made it there cause I couldn't walk very well. They had cut into my thigh to remove an abcess and I still had the drain tube in my leg. Not very fun. Long story short...I shot a doe....she fell over s 20ft cliff after the shot...and my dad and grandpa had to drag her back up while i stood and watched:D

I have confidence, you will be ready to go....if not don't worry you will be healed shortly after.

JeramyK 08-25-2005 08:59 AM

Hang in there mobowhuntr. You'll be back in the woods in no time.